• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why are they selling their 7WSM's

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
I saw 4 7WSM's for sale in the firearms for sale section.I've never owned one but they look to be ballistic champions.

Why do you suppose that these individuals have decided to sell these but keep their other chamberings???

Steve

Re: Why are they selling their 7WSM's

I dont plan on ever parting with mine.

I think a couple of them mentioned hardship or something to that effect? Also I think they also said they hate to do it.

I am one of them and had the chance to talk to Jared .
I am selling mine to fund a new build on a nesika action.
No other reason there a great rifle cal to say the least
Bill

I'm soon going to have 2 for sale because I don't need 4. Don't ever, ever surf the for sale forum after 6 beers <g>.

I built an extra for ASC last year for my brother to use cause I had the spare parts, did the same this year so the other could shoot it. Now I got three with a fourth build going and my next one is going to be lighter but still have a barrel profile that will accommodate the can I had built for it. They all shoot great, but I got to thin the crowd down to one built to the weight I want it. Job being the way it is, can't hang on to all of them and afford glass for them as well. The heavy one kicked my ass this year at ASC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm soon going to have 2 for sale because I don't need 4. Don't ever, ever surf the for sale forum after 6 beers <g>. </div></div>

well I know what im doing tonight. drinking some bourbon and browsing the FS section! woo hoo
nothing like drunk shopping.

Leagle.LOL,That's a good reason to sell if you have a bunch of 7WSM's already.

Slug,I see you got too many also.

There ya go KYshooter338.A few more beers and plenty of 7WSM's around.

I think these guys only hardship is which 7WSM to part with!LOL

So not really any negatives compared to the 6.5's ?

Steve

I am selling mine because I have 3 and this one has the least wear and tear at only 82rnds. Going to expand the family soon. Perhaps a more pertnant ? would be why you don't have one yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

well I know what im doing tonight. drinking some bourbon and browsing the FS section! woo hoo
nothing like drunk shopping. [/quote]

I'll buy you some bourbon so you can put up one of the triplets for sale.
grin.gif

I tossed it around a few times.As it worked out I got a size smaller"6mm" and a size bigger "30cal".Maybe if I were starting over I'd go the 7WSM route or 284win.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marku</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont plan on ever parting with mine. </div></div>

Me neither!

Possibly because the ones for sale are used by match shooters, and after humping a 17+ pound rifle around they decided to go lighter.

+ a billion....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm soon going to have 2 for sale because I don't need 4. Don't ever, ever surf the for sale forum after 6 beers <g>. </div></div>

To all the 7mm WSM shooters. Do you guys use or reccomend muzzle brakes?

James

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jasmck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the 7mm WSM shooters. Do you guys use or reccomend muzzle brakes?

James </div></div>

Mine is still in the process of being pieced together to get built, but it will wear a Badger Thruster brake.

On that note, I shot Adam B's 7WSM with Thruster brake, and it felt not too different than my .308, which also has a brake.

I shoot 50-100 rounds each time I hit the range, and Im alone most of the time, so I spot my own hits (or I try at least) so a brake helps me out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Possibly because the ones for sale are used by match shooters, and after humping a 17+ pound rifle around they decided to go lighter. </div></div>

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Its the reason I now have 2 7wsm.

I'm in the no brake crowd. I've done close to 150 rounds in one weekend without a problem. Mines around 13-14lbs. Drive the rifle correctly, recoil isn't much of a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the no brake crowd. I've done close to 150 rounds in one weekend without a problem. Mines around 13-14lbs. Drive the rifle correctly, recoil isn't much of a problem. </div></div>

I had one, No thanks. It has nothing to do with driving a rifle correctly.....

I just prefer to keep myself with a little less recoil for keep back up shots. My next one is light weight, Med palma or light (dont remember anymore) Fluted barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the 7mm WSM shooters. Do you guys use or reccomend muzzle brakes?</div></div>

Ive got the PAI Fatboy brake on mine. Its something like 1.200 round. Recoil is nothing, like shooting a .223 remington. What I love about this 7mm is that it hits hard, (comparing to my 6.5-284) very flat shooting, and with a brake it can be shot all day long. Its my favorite cartridge so far.

At 950 yards with the fatboy I saw the bullet impact just left of the target. I allowed me to make the proper wind adjustments and a 2nd shot hit on steel.

I think hard times is a big factor on a few rigs coming up for sale.

I have two 7WSMs and will keep them both - one is a single shot for F-Class and one is a tactical rig fed from AI Mags.

The tactical rig has a break the F-Class does not. I prefer to shoot the one with the break but have on many occassions put 75 rounds a day through the one without a break with only minor discomfort by the end of the day.

My multilayered defensive scheme looks like this:

.45ACP,
.260/6x47L (depending upon which barrel is threaded on at the time)
7WSM
338LM Improved (whenever it gets delivered)

I also have a .22LR plinker, but it really is not included in teh defensive scheme.

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marku</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont plan on ever parting with mine. </div></div>

Me neither! </div></div>

Ditto!

My 7Wizzer weighs a touch over 13lbs. With the Badger thruster brake, recoil is not an issue...

With a brake there is not a lot of reciol I was shooting a no brake 300 WM then the braked 7 wsm
Hell of a differance
Bill