• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Why cant a normal person sing the national anthem?

mattkarstetter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2009
eastern wa
With all the x factor, american idol and all the other bullshit shows, it sure seems hard to find anyone with any talent to sing our national anthem.

Re: Why cant a normal person sing the national anthem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the x factor, american idol and all the other bullshit shows, it sure seems hard to find anyone with any talent to sing our national anthem.
</div></div>

Talent aside, I'd be happy to hear it sung by someone besides a cock chuggin, gold chain wearin, Hip Hop-bleached-asshole-whore who thinks there is 26.75 million notes in the damn song a la Christina Aguilera. It's the National F@cking Anthem, not a tribute to Easy E.

Bitch.

wow coldbore, thats some passion. i too am irritated by the popularization of the mutilating of our National Anthem. its embarrassing.

I agree. Mike Rowe sang it once that I saw on TV and actually did a good job. He is a trained opera singer so he has a leg up on most of the up and comers who get whored out for TV and "sing" the national anthem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My response may have been just a tad <span style="color: #000099">right on the money</span>. . . . . . .

Bitch. </div></div>

ditto that...
its hard to sing cause it has a range of 4 octaves..........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lz6XWStZV48"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lz6XWStZV48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

There.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>

Talent aside, I'd be happy to hear it sung by someone besides a cock chuggin, gold chain wearin, Hip Hop-bleached-asshole-whore who thinks there is 26.75 million notes in the damn song a la Christina Aguilera. It's the National F@cking Anthem, not a tribute to Easy E.

Bitch. </div></div>
DITTO!

Google Karen Newman, the Detroit Red Wings home game anthem singer. She sings it how it should be sung. Makes my eyes water everytime. Not for nothing, she's also a beautiful lady!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the x factor, american idol and all the other bullshit shows, it sure seems hard to find anyone with any talent to sing our national anthem.
</div></div>

Bitch. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. I blame the people running the event. They should be duck walked in front of the American people and apologize for letting that chubby come bubble sing it in the first place.

You're dead on spot, Coldbore!!!!

Sing the notes as they were written, no more, no less!!!!

It's the "National Anthem", not your personal expression of your perceived oppression by the establishment, "the man", etc., etc., etc. . . . .

And it sure as hell isn't a free style blues/jazz song!!!!

The X factor and other talent shows are made and meant for the singer to add flare and show vocal range. Otherwise it would be the same boring notes. I personally just have a distaste to soul/hip hop and would rather enjoy a slash or jimmy hendricks variation. However, I will say when it is done at a baseball game or done as in tribute of respect embelishments should be kept at a bare minimum if even at all. (the song should not go on for 5+mins). Keep the flare and "originality" on talent shows where its wanted and looked for

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the x factor, american idol and all the other bullshit shows, it sure seems hard to find anyone with any talent to sing our national anthem.
</div></div>

Bitch.</div></div>
Not only do they mutilate the song, but one would think that for the money they get paid to sing it, that they would at least remember the fucking lyrics to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the x factor, american idol and all the other bullshit shows, it sure seems hard to find anyone with any talent to sing our national anthem.
</div></div>

Bitch.</div></div>
Not only do they mutilate the song, but one would think that for the money they get paid to sing it, that they would at least remember the fucking lyrics to it. </div></div>

Colbore and Skid are spot on, Bitch Aguilera could have set the bar for all others to follow, but instead she set the bar for all others not to do, anybody remember Whitney Houston belting it out perfectly at the 1991 Super Bowl, followed the next year by the stupid Jew Kathy Lee lip sinking it.

Anyone remember what that piece of dog crap rosanne barr did to it!
FYI it's actually a poem not a song.

All songs are, at first, poems. When they're set to music, then they become songs.

Generally speaking.

I do imagine, however, there is the occasional piece that is set down to an already existent melody.

Like when Francis Scott Key wrote the poem "Defence of Fort McHenry" and it was set to the music of "To Anacreon in Heaven" to become the Star-Spangled Banner?

*Reference is first paragraph of Wikipedia on the Star-Spangled Banner*

With all the butchering of the Star Spangled Banner I been hearing about, it makes me glad I don't watch sports or any other event where it can potentially be mutilated. Maybe I'm young and naive or maybe I don't get the route of entertainment in the present day, but last time I checked, The Star Spangled Banner sounded just fine when sang normally and without the addition of other lyrics.