• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Why can't I find this scope?

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
I am in need of some new glass. Every time I think I find something it has some funky reticle or illumination or some other un needed crap that just raises the price or won't work at a LR school. C'mon people why can't you make a freaking scope with a freaking basic mil based reticle with mil knobs and no illumination or anything else? I'd prefer hash marks like Leupolds TMR but even just old school mil dots even. Everyone has "ballistic" and "BDC" crap now. I'd love an ST10 but can't swing it since I have to purchase all my gear and the PD won't. Is there such a thing as a no frills fixed 10x or a 2.5-10 with a simple mil reticle and mil knobs in the $500 range that will stand up to some abuse?

Re: Why can't I find this scope?

SWFA Super Sniper. Either 3-9 for $600 or fixed 10X HD for $800. Either should work for you.

the super sniper 10x fit the bill...and for a few bucks extra you can get the hd model which has some really great glass for its price point

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the super sniper 10x fit the bill...and for a few bucks extra you can get the hd model which has some really great glass for its price point </div></div>

I think the regular ones are MOA/MIL. He wanted MIL/MIL, so you'd have to go to 3-9 or 10X HD, I think, neither of which is technically in his stated price range.

Thanks for all the replies. That Weaver Tactical does look really nice. I may try one of those out. Still wish I could get one with a TMR style hash mark mil reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also the Weaver 3-10x Mil/Mil at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=598484

The video review is here:
Sniper's Hide video review </div></div>

I run one of these on my 300whisper Josh it is a great value for the money I think the run it on sale every other month.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also the Weaver 3-10x Mil/Mil at Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=598484

The video review is here:
Sniper's Hide video review </div></div>

I run one of these on my 300whisper Josh it is a great value for the money I think the run it on sale every other month.

Dustin </div></div>

Just bought one too. It will have to do until I'm able to find a PST FFP 4-16 MRAD.

+1 for the SWFA SS HD or 3-9x

Bushnells on closeout are worth a look also.