• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes why did i wait so long?

sniper307

Lieutenant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2005
louisiana
just mounted up my new Nightforce 5.5 x 22 x 50 MLR, Zero stop, MIlradian knob scope. this thing is sweet. i was nervous about the MIL/MIL but after just a few seconds, i settled down . it actually only took two shots to sight it in. first one was on paper, i then checked the MILS, made the correction and BAM, second shot in the bull. I liked my LEUPOLD with the TMR except for the freaking window. it would draw my eye away from the crosshair. If anyone has reservations about going MIL/MIl, dont. it is the easiest thing since sliced bread.

Re: why did i wait so long?

how did you set your zero stop? at zero or under? i know how to set it, just wondering if you allowed any lash

im a moa man myself but im thinking about changing to mils. can someone explain how to adjust? if im 55 inches low at 500 hundred yards how many mils do i come up or simular? i dont understand at all!

Surgeon,
Your come up would be right at 3 mils....for your 55 in drop. How do you figure this...?
GO here http://www.snipershide.com/node/1

Next: make your drop charts in MILS, not Inches, moa, or the damned "clicks"!!!

MIL/MIL = Great