• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why do we love blowing shit up?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    My father started me when I was about 12, taught me how to make black powder. I've never had the experience of working with high explosives like some of you but Ive destroyed my share of stuff with pipe bombs (60 years ago officers) and tracers into gallons of gasoline in an old car. Even watching shit blow up on TV is fun.

Or the machine gun shoot, jsut fucking up a bunch or autos.

Why do we love it? Is it because somewhere deep we know "Youre not supposed to fuck shit up." and this is our way of saying fuck you?

Thoughts.

I say cause as a boy nothing ever gave me more pure pleasure than loud and obnoxious things and loud cars and guns and explosions all fit that itch really well for me , Like feeling a nitro funny car ripping down the track in your chest you can feel it , guns are fun explosions that don't kill you only fuel your lust for bigger louder explosions the small feeling control over something you can't control normally like a gun while it fires a bullet is the same thing to me , this is all my excuse you have to find your own . Plus I am a whore for hoarding guns I am a bad bad person who is sick lol .

• Haha
    Reactions: Steel+Killer
    This must be why I want a cannon. The wife keeps saying no but one of these days she might just slip up and say it is ok.

They're over rated. I've got 3 and after awhile, it's just something else that goes BOOM. No full sized cannons, but large enough that folks in the next county can hear them. haha.

Last year 4th July party we blew up a homecoming donkey with Tannerite my son got from school. Was awesome. I said the only problem was, we needed to do something better next year.

This year we did a Sponge Bob Square Pants he made. :)

Attachments

• Donkey 1.jpg
      Donkey 1.jpg
      503 KB · Views: 44
    • Donkey 2.png
      Donkey 2.png
      867.6 KB · Views: 49
    • Bob 1.jpg
      Bob 1.jpg
      234.4 KB · Views: 46
    • Bob.jpg
      Bob.jpg
      505.1 KB · Views: 47
    They're over rated. I've got 3 and after awhile, it's just something else that goes BOOM. No full sized cannons, but large enough that folks in the next county can hear them. haha.
    Not if you stiff a bunch of rocks or golfballs in after the wadding. 🙃 🙃 Chain might be nice.

I have a huge field right behind my house. This could get me in trouble. LOL

A signal cannon would be about right to start out with, then work up to a bowling ball cannon. haha Would really like to have a signal cannon though.

Just make a pneumatic cannon. Make all the noise and not use up a shit ton of black powder. It’s amazing what some oxygen and acetylene will do in the right mixture

"Blowing shit up" is easy brother. P = plenty

Blowing shit up "well" is another story.

When you hump the demo in to the sight, you want to KNOW what it will take to blow it it up in a way that will suit you. If you cannot get it done to suit you, skip it.

If you Can: Knock it down with prejudice.

Demo is your friend if done right.

An opinion.

Sigmund Freud knows, but he's not telling....
    hahaha...was in the USAF in fast movers...well, it was so long ago we were still flying biplanes. LOL

Let's see, balls to the wall, pointy nose thrusting thru the air, while holding the stick between your legs, and ejaculating missiles and bullets. Nah, nothing Freudian about that at all! And none of us gave a shit, it was pure fun (well, when not occasionally terrifying) haha

And why do we love this kind of stuff....'cause we are men. That's why.

I was at a big keg party several decades ago.........was told that 12 sticks of dynamite would be going off in a ditch about 3/4 of a mile away..............I was impressed.......

Reactions: Foul Mike
    We had thos one female diver who was getting her E6 while I was stationed at the dive school

She was a brunette amd had huge tits. She had to wear 3 sports bras to contain them.

If i weren't married...she would have gotten the best 30 seconds of both of our lives.

Doc

Shape charges. The neatest fucking post hole digger I ever saw.

Lay hold!
    I forget the name of the charges but the first would blow the dirt into the air and a second charge would blow the dirt forward....make a trench in a second.

Doc

• Wow
    Reactions: Foul Mike
    There isn't a problem around, that can't be fixed with the proper application of a judicial amount of explosives.
    For some reason the possible out comes of that statement remind me of the old joke:

How do you get rid of a case of the Crabs.

answer:

You have half your pubic area, spray the other half with lighter fluid, light it and stab them when they jump out of the blaze.

So back to your statement, "How do you get rid of bad breath?" A case of dynamite. 🙃 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Why do I feel like the OP is an AFT agent? Asking what people's favorite explosives are? Lol

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    I forget the name of the charges but the first would blow the dirt into the air and a second charge would blow the dirt forward....make a trench in a second.

Doc
    Shape and cratering. We only used the ones that were seperate. Shape charges set in staggered rows. Then drop the cratering charge down the "post hole".

There was one set that was a rocket pointing at a downward angle on a tripod at a shape charge. It was supposed to fire the shape charge then fire the cratering charge into the hole a sit second later. They wouldn't let us play with those because "some times the rocket would go where it wanted"

Reactions: Doc68
    If I would have know the GAU 19 existed when I was younger I would have joined the military. Just for a chance at shooting one. 2000 rds a min. and the ammo is free.

Shape and cratering. We only used the ones that were seperate. Shape charges set in staggered rows. Then drop the cratering charge down the "post hole".

There was one set that was a rocket pointing at a downward angle on a tripod at a shape charge. It was supposed to fire the shape charge then fire the cratering charge into the hole a sit second later. They wouldn't let us play with those because "some times the rocket would go where it wanted"
    That's the one.

We always had 3 classes come through each year so they would overlap training.

They would give me 30lbs of C4 and TNT on the week of my birthday for the one class and I would make a birthday cake out of it using the blocks of TNT for the candles. Boy was that fun to watch detonate.

We went to Tyndalls explosive range for all that.

Fun times there.

Doc

If I would have know the GAU 19 existed when I was younger I would have joined the military. Just for a chance at shooting one. 2000 rds a min. and the ammo is free.
    The SF group where I was at in Camp Phoenix in Kabul had a mini gun mounted to a side by side they had.

After we had gotten hit with the SVBIED they invited my medics and i to go shoot all of their weapons to get our minds off everything.

We got to shoot the minigun. That's probably the most fun weapon to shoot.

Doc

Our "game" involved the test burn on time fuse.
    After igniting the ring main we would walk back to the safe line and do an about face at the moment it detonated.
    Trainees have a hard time "walking" after ignition, they want to walk fast. No one runs on a demo range.

Reactions: Maggot and Doc68
    Getting demo certified was fun. Getting live mine certified was fun. Using P for plenty when estimating charge weight for an improvised explosive breach on a mud hut and collapsing the roof and walls, epic fun!!!

Just wondering, cause you said you were at dive school in Fla. Hey, did they still have the “sugar bowl” sandpit a few blocks away. I remember going on a few 4 mile class runs to get good and sweaty, and then going to the sugar bowl for PT. Such fond memories.

Typically, the boom factor is proportional to the typical safety distance one experiences it. Flash bangs and grenades? Probably within throwing distance. RPGs and anti-tank Gustavs? A couple of yards away at least.

The only exception? Bangalore Tubes - evil little mfkers…. They look harmless, thin little tubes, barely thicker than strippers’ dancing pole, but daisy chain them together, set it up, barely have time to get away before they blow up with hell of a concussion and rain all types of crap on you.

Grew up with one of my parents working at a fire works stand. Always had access to stuff that went boom since I was a kid. Even in single digit ages enjoyed the concussion of mortars. The only explanation is
    5A87A5B0-4E44-4EFE-ADC8-42C8885B2571.jpeg

Just wondering, cause you said you were at dive school in Fla. Hey, did they still have the “sugar bowl” sandpit a few blocks away. I remember going on a few 4 mile class runs to get good and sweaty, and then going to the sugar bowl for PT. Such fond memories.
    Yeah we called it the "back 40", students came back looking like sugar cookies.

I went through the Navy Scuba and the amphibious recon corpsman classes down there to get my diving med tech amd scuba bubble.

Fun times.

I think my pool hits were way worse than the actual students that went through....🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

Doc

Reactions: 502Chevelle