• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why doesn't SH have a shotgun forum?

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
I know it's a long range, accuracy site but it also has a .22 and air rifle sub forum.

I’m just guessing but it’s because you can still be accurate and precise with either of those. You can’t really be accurate or precise with a shotgun…

There used to be 30+ individual forums, maybe 40+, so many were consolidated because it was hitting level stupid with shit all over the fucking place and people still couldn't figure out where to post shit.

Reactions: Boatninja
1691106230692.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs and mtrmn
In New Jersey you can only use shotgun on deer .
There are a few guys that accurize shotguns with sabot to 150 yds .

One of the most fun days of my shotgun shooting life was the very first time I tried long range shooting (100+ yards) with an 18.5" smoothbore barrel and rifled slugs. In case it wasn't obvious, I don't believe in turning hobbies into competition unless it's with friends and family. I shoot for fun. The amount of fun I had that day should have been illegal!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
just sayin',but,shooting a rising clay from 27yd line with 1-11/8oz load is kinda needing precision; angles,wind etc

Reactions: Maggot
Post those antiques in the vintage forum

Shotguns are a joke

About like pistol caliber long guns in the era of body armor

Hahaha pass... I had a Keltek KSG....ever dump 13 slugs out of it all at once? I sold mine shortly after. Hahahaha...talk about beyond violent
No, I've only put 00 thru it.

But I cheated and put a Limb Saver on it, too. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: padom
Post those antiques in the vintage forum

Shotguns are a joke

About like pistol caliber long guns in the era of body armor
So you'd volunteer to stand in front of one at hallway distance, say 15-20'? Even wearing Level IV, fuck that noise!!

Besides, the 1st round goes into the crotch anyway.

My limb was not saved after mag dumping my KSG with slugs. Hahaha
Refresh our memories- was that an issue that resulted in a recall of the guns?