• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why don't we see more of the Steiner 20X binos being used?

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
With many people going to binos over spotters i am just curious why i don't see the Steiner 20X80 being used more?

Probably because they are giant. The Vortex Kaibabs are slightly lighter but a smaller package and cheaper. Most people either pick something smaller with less magnification, or just buy a spotter with variable magnification.

As mention in the other thread, most people are choosing binos over spotters because its a smaller, lighter package and they can get good results with 10-15x magnification.

Do you think it would appeal to people if they put their rangefinder in it and reticle?

I had some M1050R binos a while back, and the FOV kind of sucked. Tripod mounting solutions were non existent, impossible to use with glasses, etc. Their design is basically a bit outdated ergonomically. I ended up using my Athlon Cronus binos more than my Steiners and ended up selling the M1050R.