• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why get a KRG Whiskey-3 (fixed) over an X-Ray?

KRG XRAY vs Whiskey-3 Fixed

• KRG X-Ray w/ adjustable LOP

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • KRG Whiskey-3 Fixed

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

awcmon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
It looks like you can pretty much just buy the KRG X-Ray+ the X-Ray adjustable LOP for $520 and get pretty much everything the Whiskey-3 fixed stock has, which goes for $940.

This is also cheaper than a Bravo ($390) with the Bravo adjustable LOP mechanism ($300) which would be $690

You can throw on the Whiskey-3 forend for $105 for $625 total if desired.

The ergos between the X-Ray and Whiskey look pretty much identical. Only difference seems to be the rear end is poly instead of metal? Only functional difference seems to be the weight at the rear.

Am I missing something?

W3 was the flagship. More aluminum to the rear vs plastic. Same form factor.
Xray wins budget battle.

You're correct, balance point shifts with the W3. I had the XRay. The W3 felt better in that regard. Adding a monopod to the Xray will also help .

Attachments

• 20221015_202931~2.jpg
    20221015_202931~2.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
I've had both. At one time had identical barreled actions setup in each. The w3 felt better and seemed to hold steadier when shooting prs. I've since sold the w3 though to try other stocks/chassis and still have the xray with a w3 forrend and really like it.

Reactions: awcmon
People I've talked to that own the Xray have stated there are issues why it's better to go W3 or Bravo. There are a number of things you can't do with the Xray. Contact KRG if you have ?s

If you’re going to add weights and make it a heavy prs comp rig get the w3.
If you’re just going to run it as is with a medium weight barrel then I found the X-ray to be a really nice chassis and save some coin.

why not get xray and upgrade the buttsroxk with a trg later? Then you have light weight xray and folding trg stock when needed.