• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why I like small portable & direct-able EMP devices

I'm still looking for a hand-held laser that runs on batteries or a 12V power source... and capable of lighting dry grass on fire from, say, 30 feet away.

Would make it so much more convenient to burn off my pastures in spring vs. walking around with a plumbers torch. I wouldn't have to get off the tractor.

Sirhr

I'm still looking for a hand-held laser that runs on batteries or a 12V power source... and capable of lighting dry grass on fire from, say, 30 feet away.

Would make it so much more convenient to burn off my pastures in spring vs. walking around with a plumbers torch. I wouldn't have to get off the tractor.

Sirhr
Using your tractors power supply, Gay Bay & electronics 101 is your friend

Last edited:

Sirhr
Orange Tip 7.62 NATO.
You don't have to un-ass the tractor.
Works WAAAY past 30 feet.
Removable power source holds 20rds.
Can be a multi-task tool in a pinch.

I have had to help beat out more than one grass fire from the little bastards.

Sirhr
They make pull behind drip torches that mount on the back of said tractor and can even spray fire for broadcast burns. We had them on ATVs and even one one the back of a tractor we used for Px burns

I want one of these:

flamethrower-tractor.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Sean the Nailer

Sirhr
potassium permanganate, glycol and ping pong balls. No electronics needed, just mix and toss into the weeds

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
If you're are going to draw attention by buying KMnO4 (unless you make it)at least make something worth while. 🧰
Sold at most big box stores and is fairly common. Can’t imagine them flagging a small purchase anymore than buying Stump remover and using it to make hobby rocket sugar fuel?

Plenty of everyday items do the same business as well.

Sirhr
if you are into electronics DIY its not that hard..... about 5 years ago I saw a youtube video from a dude who pulled the light source (laser diode assy) from a digital tv projector and assembled it with a driver board and some coin cells into a zippo lighter case. it could ignite paper from across a room.