• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why I'll buy another Mcree!!!

mailman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2012
Post Falls, Idaho
This is the first thread I've started so I hope its in the right spot, please move it if it isn't

I shot the 2014 JC Steel challenge in Washington state March 1st and 2nd. The match was called early due to weather and on the way home I hit black ice while crossing a bridge over the Snake river. My trailblazer was totaled but I walked away without a scratch. When I got home and started cleaning my gear I couldn't get my McRee side folder to fold. After closer inspection I realized the impact of the crash sheared the pin inside the hinge (I think that's what is wrong anyway).

I looked on the website to see if I could order the hinge alone or needed to order an entire buttstock. It didn't show the hinge as a single item for sale so I called the contact phone number.

A very nice guy answered on the second ring and when I told him what happened his first question was if I was ok after the accident. Then he said he was going to mail me a new hinge at no charge and asked if I could send the broken one back to him so he could see what failed and if there was a way "he" could make it stronger. That's when it clicked, I wasn't talking to someone in customer service, I was talking to the owner of the company. I asked him if I was speaking to Mr. McRee and he said he didn't know if he could be called Mr but I could call him Scott.

I told him I would be happy to pay for the new hinge as it wasn't the stocks fault. It was a head on impact into a concrete barrier going sixty miles and hour. He said it was an act of God and they were standing behind their work.

I wrote this post so anyone who was doing the research on what chassis to buy would know what a great company and product they will get with a McRee. This stock is rock solid and does hold zero when torqued back to the specified foot pounds. The customer service and support from Steve is second to none. So If you don't own one of these yet, do yourself a favor and order one.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are safe and sound. I've talked to him personally as well and he's always been great to deal with. I love my McRee stock.

Dang, youi are lucky, glad all is ok. That's one heck of an impact. Hat's off to them for helping out.

Thanks guys. Just got an email from Scott that my parts are already in the mail.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I spent a lot of time agonizing over whether I should try and order/import a McRee or an RSS chassis, and ultimately chose the RSS. I placed my order in mid-October of last year, and am still waiting for the stock to arrive, with little to no communication throughout. I can't get the guy on the phone, or by email, or by text.

I don't even know if McRee would be interested in either exporting a stock himself or going through one of the companies that bring things up, but I know the communication would be there. Being able to speak to the owner/designer and having your issue resolved immediately is a pretty big selling point.

Bradley

Glad you are okay and also glad there are still manufacturers that still stand beside their products.

Awesome to hear you are good to go on the crash. Hopefully everything works out with the insurance to get it made right...

I had a McCree folder in 2006ish and while I have now gone to a different chassis that fits my needs a little better, Scott McCree is still one of the greatest guys in any industry I have ever dealt with as far as customer service goes.

60mph into a concrete barrier and walked away? If it were me, I'd gladly buy a new trailblazer to carry the rifle around in too...

Scott is truly top shelf people! He has proven that time and time again... His products are just as good too.

Glad you are OK.

I love my McCree and plan to buy another this year. They send a nice XMas card each year too! ;)

Likewise, I found my dealings with Scott a refreshing take on customer service. He took his time and answered all my questions. Came away with a Gen 5 folder, which is a dream to shoot. I highly recommend both the company and their product.

Bought one for my Savage a couple of months ago to try out. Liked it so much that I am looking to replace my McMillan on my .260 with a Mcree folder. Like everyone else already mentioned, His customer service is second to none.

Scott is the man, and makes great kit!

SAM_1965_zps11aefd22.jpg

The McRees guys were great to talk to at Shot Show. Really genuine and helpful. The new product looked good as well. I generally don't care for chassis systems because they tend to be so heavy but their new system is quite modular and can be made very light with a carbon forearm. I also really like the adjustability of the buttstock portion. It is fully adjustable but absolutely solid. The level is a nice touch as well. All in all it looks like an excellent product from good people.

60mph into a concrete barrier and walked away? If it were me, I'd gladly buy a new trailblazer to carry the rifle around in too...

I bought that Chevy after getting rear ended in a Honda, it held up pretty well but I liked how safe that Trailblazer felt.

I was looking at the McRee from Shot show , it looks like it will be lighter in the forearm area. Has anyone shouldered it?

Glad you are ok mailman! I shot with you at the JC steel shoot (Peter) and I know you were dreading going over the pass to get home that night for work in the morning. I know the roads were tough for me the next day going home.

McRee stocks are great stocks (my in-laws have a few) and it's good to know they stand behind something like that. Defiantly will be on my list for future stocks.

Thanks Peter. Good shooting with you. Hope to shoot with you again. (Hope your dad is feeling better also).

Got home today and found the ups box at my door. When I opened it I found my replacement hinge (with all the screws!) But that wasn't all, Scott threw in a McRee precision hat and he even paid the shipping. Now that's above and beyond in my book. It is actually a great advertising investment because I'll be wearing that hat at future matches and telling that story about how well my rifle held up. Hopefully he will get a few sales based on the story and not lose any based on my shooting. Thanks again "Mr. McRee"

I have delt with him as well and he has the best customer service in the entire industry hands down !

love my mcrees and a huge +1 for customer service. He answered the phone when we called as well and was able to help us fit the CIP mags in my lapua to his stock (minor inletting required) he said we can send it in or we can do it ourselves its super easy and he walked us through it. few minutes with the dremel and the mags fit and drop free.

Scott helped me out- There was a "wait" at the time I ordered my LA chassis.. He called me up and said someone cancelled their order and wanted to put me in their spot ( I was in a hurry for the build) I ended up buying two of them so far. I really like how modular the stocks are- fitting etc.. badass

Agreed

I have 2 Mcree Chassis; 1 SA (308) and 1 LA (300WM), both folders, excellent quality, tightened my groups, I would not go with anything else and will be adding a 3rd soon.

Anybody have info/picts/whatever on the new carbon fiber fore-ends? I've been wanting a lighter stick and was thinking i'd switch to a Manners cf stock with mini chassis. But i like my McRees too much! If i can swap in a carbon front on my RS7-TMAG and shed a few lbs, that would rock!

I'm in the market for a new stock myself, interested in the new fore end also for a compact handy rifle that I'm putting together

McRee is a stand up guy and builds a great product. If I can ever get around to building my LA 700 it's definitely going on one of his chassis.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with McRees Precision so that others might benefit.

I had a very minor issue with the cerakote on my stock that prevented the flush cup swivels from fitting into the mounts. I emailed Scott and he got back to me the same day acknowledging the issue and that they were aware of it. I guess the batch I got my stock from had too thick of a coating and it took up all of the tolerance for the cups. Without hesitation he drop shipped me a new one that arrived the same week. Once the new stock was received and accepted, the old one was shipped back and all was well. McRees CS is excellent, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I will definitely purchase another.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with McRees Precision so that others might benefit.

I had a very minor issue with the cerakote on my stock that prevented the flush cup swivels from fitting into the mounts. I emailed Scott and he got back to me the same day acknowledging the issue and that they were aware of it. I guess the batch I got my stock from had too thick of a coating and it took up all of the tolerance for the cups. Without hesitation he drop shipped me a new one that arrived the same week. Once the new stock was received and accepted, the old one was shipped back and all was well. McRees CS is excellent, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I will definitely purchase another.

It's good to keep hearing stories like this. Sounds like Scott is a real standup guy.
Any range time with your stock yet? How comfortable is it for you in different positions? Considering pulling the trigger on one for myself.

It's good to keep hearing stories like this. Sounds like Scott is a real standup guy.
Any range time with your stock yet? How comfortable is it for you in different positions? Considering pulling the trigger on one for myself.

I've had a decent amount of time behind my McRee and it is very comfortable. The only thing I would recommend is that if you do by one, be sure to get the stock pack. The aluminum cheek piece can be less than comfortable, especially when the temp is at the extreme ends of the thermometer. The padded piece gives a more comfortable and temperature neutral cheek weld.

Good stuff right there. Companies that take care of their customers are the only way to go.

Since this thread has fired up again I'll add my $0.02, I bought a Mcree about 6 months ago and put it on my precision rig and LOVE it! First off, they had the one I wanted in stock and ready to ship. Secondly, The fit and finish of the stock was perfectly done. After shooting it a dozen times or more i'll say that the adjustability of the chassis is second to none and provides a rock solid platform for the shooter. Also purchased one of his mags with the chassis and it has worked flawlessly in all my rifles configured for AI mags

McRee's is GTG. I don't have their chassis since I have an AICS, but I do use McRee's mags. It's one thing to get excellent service when you're buying a high dollar item, but when you're just buying two magazines and Scott still treated me like I was spending a grand. I received my mags quickly and there's even a handwritten note on the receipt thanking me. My next build will be in a McRee

Scott is a very stand up dude. Every experience I have had with him has been above excellent.

Check out his line of targets if you haven't. Been shooting them for awhile now and I'm very happy.