• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why isn't the liberal media showing the looting??

ubettcha

Private
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2017
    Since the beginning of the coronavirus hysteria, the liberal media has been shaming Americans buying guns for protection. They haven’t however been reporting on the wave of looting and burglary plaguing the nation as a literal plague rages on. The massage here is that law-aboding Americans exercising their Constitutional rights are bad, but scumbag criminals taking advantage of a national emergency are good. That’s crappy as hell, but it’s worse because the fake news industry and democrats are rooting for the criminals while demanding good people disarm.

Let’s take a little tour of the country and see what scumbags are doing while the rest of us are locked down and respecting the stay-at-home and social distancing rules.

NYC:

The New York City Police Department reported that they have seen a 75 percent increase in the number of burglaries to commercial establishments since March 12, when Mayor Bill de Blasio declared a state of emergency.
    Approximately 254 burglaries of businesses were found to have taken place during that period, compared to 145 for the same time last year, officials explained to the Wall Street Journal.
    Many restaurants and bars in the city closed or began limiting operations after the city announced for establishments to stop on-site services.
    ‘We knew with the closing of many stores that we could see an increase and, unfortunately, we are,’ said NYPD Chief of Crime Control Strategies Michael LiPetri.

San Jose:

Several restaurants and small businesses in the South Bay say they have recently been targeted by thieves trying to take advantage of the COVID-19 shelter-in-place order.
    “They walked out with kind of the heart of the restaurant as far as the financial aspect of it. It’s your monetary income,” said Dan Holder, owner of Jack Holder’s Restaurant and Bar in San Jose’s Cambrian neighborhood.
    Holder said his employees arrived Sunday morning and discovered that someone had smashed out a window on the side of the business and stolen several tablets and other items.
    “The immediate reaction was, ‘You’ve got to be kidding.’ You come into work on Sunday morning knowing that some lowlife has broken into your place of business and stolen valued possessions from you,” said Holder.
    He said the break-in was especially painful because just two days prior he’d organized a meal giveaway for police officers, firefighters and other first responders in San Jose.

North Carolina:

York County deputies have charged two North Carolina men with looting during the South Carolina coronavirus state of emergency, officials said.
    The arrests for breaking the looting law under South Carolina’s state of emergency are believed to be the first in York County by local law enforcement officers during the Covid-19 pandemic, said Trent Faris, spokesman for the York County Sheriff’s Office.
    Both suspects are from Mecklenburg County, records show.

California:

The Modesto Police Department arrested two more looting suspects in the past week and are looking for a third.
    A man and a woman on Saturday filled a shopping cart with $400 worth of groceries at the Save Mart on Oakdale Road and left the store without paying, said Modesto Police Department spokeswoman Sharon Bear.
    As they were loading the groceries into their vehicle a Save Mart employee confronted them and a ‘scuffle’ ensued between the employee and the male suspect, Bear said.
    Investigators identified the suspects as Patricia Flores, 32, of Salida, and Nicolas Cardenas, 24, of Modesto.
    In a separate incident on Tuesday, officers arrested Johnathon Sutherland, 29, of Waterford, on suspicion of stealing Advil and aspirin from the Walmart on Coffee Road.
    Officers arrived on scene and found Sutherland in the parking lot. He was booked on charges including looting and shoplifting.

Wyoming:

Kasarda’s Greenhouse in Wyoming spent the day collecting donations and delivering flowers to healthcare workers only to find people looting the greenhouses while they were gone.
    In a post on Facebook, they say people were filling their cars with perennials, pots and plants.

They were stealing flowers? That’s f*cking crazy.

At least there was this one success story and not coincidentally enough, a gun saved the day. The Chicago Tribune reports:

A doorbell video of a shocking daylight home invasion in Arlington Heights released by police Thursday shows a chaotic scene before the attempted robbery ended with a homeowner fatally shooting one of the intruders.
    The Ring doorbell video begins with two men, identified by police as Bradley J. Finnan, 38, of Chattanooga, Tenn., and Larry D. Brodacz, 58, of Buffalo Grove, approaching the front door of the manicured two-story home in the 2400 block of Evergreen Avenue, with the duo wearing baseball caps, surgical-style masks and gloves.
    The pair had plotted a robbery at the house to sync with the state’s stay-at-home order issued by Gov. J.B. Pritzker to help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, authorities said.
    A man authorities say was determined to be Brodacz can be seen in the video trying the doorknob, knocking, then seeing the Ring camera and warning the other man, determined to be Finnan, not to look at the camera. The man police identified as Brodacz then rings the doorbell.
    The homeowner and Brodacz fought, and at some point, Brodacz was disarmed, according to police.
    Authorities said Brodacz was shot and killed by the male homeowner with his wife’s gun.

So yeah, people should be arming themselves for protection. Criminals aren’t sitting out the coronavirus and are in fact looking at the pandemic as an opportunity to commit crime. When everything goes to shit the last thing you want to do is not be prepared.

Shame on democrats and the liberal media for trying to push gun control during the coronavirus pandemic. Double-shame on them for not alerting the public to the wave of crime that threatens us more than the virus that China unleashed upon the world.

Business owners will only take so much before theyre in the streets. With their guns. We’re not working right now. So we have the time..

No one should be surprised, at this point, that MSM will cover any story sympathetic to their left wing agenda, and deliberately suppress, or cover with a slant, stories that don't. Will never forget the first Clinton campaign, when I had no cable(satellite wasn't around yet). CBS ran a story with an interview of Clinton. He talked about how it was the 'worst economy in 50 years'. There was a sign on his office wall that said: "It's the economy, stupid". Then, the very next story was about some poor schlub who supposedly just lost his job in this horrible economy. So, this nonsense started long ago, continues today, and there is no chance it will change tomorrow.

Crime is down globally. Big time. But dont let the facts get in the way of your paramoia.

I heard a car got stolen outside of Des Moines. I'm buying a bazooka.

With this as designed virus scam going on, it is conveniently fashionable to wear a mask in public right now. Criminals are rejoicing.

Reactions: DustBun
    Crime is down globally. Big time. But dont let the facts get in the way of your paramoia.

Des Moines, NM?
    Des Moines, WA?
    Des Moines, IA?

Reactions: Romeo458

Why the fuck are you even on here? Obviously, you missed the whole point of the OP, or maybe it's just that your Left wing is sticking out. It ain't paranoia if it's actually happening. If you chose to ignore it, that's on you. Just because global crime numbers are down doesn't mean there's no chance of trouble in your neighborhood. The point is, it is happening, but your favorite msm outlets ain't covering it.

There is much more going on than this petty crime that the media isn’t telling you.

its tough to protect your business in these big cities when you yourself can get arrested for merely stepping outside.

Reactions: 308220
    Business owners will only take so much before theyre in the streets. With their guns. We’re not working right now. So we have the time..
    There in lies the problem. Our liberty and our nation's prosperity is not worth the sacrifice untill we have nothing left to fight for.

FIFY

Wyoming, PA

Pennsylvania, not Wyoming
    That makes a lot more sense! I can’t see that in WY . In Louisiana and most southern states you may see something in the “big” cities but not most of the state. things are very quiet and piece full here so far.
    but yes I have started having pistol handy and being very aware of surroundings.
    And I bought enough ammo when Bill Clinton got elected!?

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    That makes a lot more sense! I can’t see that in WY . In Louisiana and most southern states you may see something in the “big” cities but not most of the state. things are very quiet and piece full here so far.
    but yes I have started having pistol handy and being very aware of surroundings.
    And I bought enough ammo when Bill Clinton got elected!?

No such thing as "enough" ammo. Too much is just barely enough.

No such thing as "enough" ammo. Too much is just barely enough.
    I hear you brother, but when I considered age, Ammo and reloading supplies in house, and how much I shoot a year I have enough?. I can’t imagine shooting all the 308 and 223 I have in a crisis and still surviving.
    I do still buy stuff for high number prairie dog hunts and so on. as an example, I have thought, ok how many primitive weapon primer inserts do I need? Figure years of heath to hunt times x number per year and buy it. Just heaven forbid a house fire.

I’ve heard burglaries are up nearly 90%

I will likely get worse as more folks run out of cash and need money for drugs.

Stack em up like cord wood in front of the door, at least make it more difficult for them in transitional spaces.

Who cares? It’s a good excuse to buy a Bazooka. That is if you don’t already have one.

sirhr

Crime levels going to be pretty different in those 3 locations.

DD fee more than I’d care to pay to have a Bazooka.

I’ll go be poor somewhere else.

Are bazookas actually legal to own? Asking for a friend!!!
    Cannons are legal and there are some nice ones out there, but they ain't cheap!!
    i sure do want one!!

You guys are all worried about the penny looters.

The professional fucking looters are our Senators and representatives who traded off millions in stock and are claiming no insider knowledge or ”my husband traded not me”.

We should focus on these real fucking looters who rapped and pillaged during one America’s largest financial disaster to line their own pockets. People like Pelosi and Feinstein get richer and richer while we fund the bail out package for years to come.

That's what the liberal media is down playing.

This is why I sleep next to a 12ga

You guys are all worried about the penny looters.

The professional fucking looters are our Senators and representatives who traded off millions in stock and are claiming no insider knowledge or ”my husband traded not me”.

We should focus on these real fucking looters who rapped and pillaged during one America’s largest financial disaster to line their own pockets. People like Pelosi and Feinstein get richer and richer while we fund the bail out package for years to come.

That's what the liberal media is down playing.
    Exactly. I'm more afraid of my own, fucked up, lying cheating government than some guy trying to break in or rob me. We are being raped by our legislators and politicians.

VooDoo

I hear you brother, but when I considered age, Ammo and reloading supplies in house, and how much I shoot a year I have enough?. I can’t imagine shooting all the 308 and 223 I have in a crisis and still surviving.
    I do still buy stuff for high number prairie dog hunts and so on. as an example, I have thought, ok how many primitive weapon primer inserts do I need? Figure years of heath to hunt times x number per year and buy it. Just heaven forbid a house fire.

Believe me, that has occurred to me. Probably be a few pieces in the safe I never fired. I'll leave a sizeable stash for my kids and grandkids.

Reactions: TACC and bmash
    I posted this weeks ago. I am retired LEO and anyone with sense knew the crime rates were going to spike and that the media would NOT report any of it! It goes against everything in them to actually report the news. They want the sheep to believe everyone is home watching Tiger King and singing love songs.

Looting and petty robbery. Sheesh. They have to get sponsorship back. The fear mongering for the sequestered is getting their ratings back.
    Besides there's churches, campers, paddle boarders, boaters that need to be subjecated.

Reactions: DustBun and TACC
    Exactly. I'm more afraid of my own, fucked up, lying cheating government than some guy trying to break in or rob me. We are being raped by our legislators and politicians.

VooDoo
    I agree with both of you and @Diver160651. This has been nothing more than a con and a money grab. Those are the real looters/crooks.

To quote Geddy Lee from Rush, "scheming demons dressed in kingly guise".

There were two attempted home invasion robberies near my house over the weekend. One was deterred with a pistol, the other with flashlights and pepper spray. One was maybe a few hundred yards from my location, the other about 1/4 mile away. Different days with different perps. The city I live in just passed a mandatory mask rule starting last night, so that will make it easier for anyone to hide their identity.

• Wow
    Reactions: TACC and DustBun
    There were two attempted home invasion robberies near my house over the weekend. One was deterred with a pistol, the other with flashlights and pepper spray. One was maybe a few hundred yards from my location, the other about 1/4 mile away. Different days with different perps. The city I live in just passed a mandatory mask rule starting last night, so that will make it easier for anyone to hide their identity.
    But don't you feel more comfortable knowing that global crime numbers are down? Were any of the perps elected officials? I'm not the least bit happy with how we are constantly ripped off by Washington, but politicians aren't likely gonna threaten my family or me with injury or death. I'll keep my weapons, thanks.

Seems like crime in Boulder CO is up. Several articles out mentioning increases in rate of burglaries.

Anecdotally it seems like theft in the Springs is on the rise with several reports within groups I'm in of bikes, tools, etc. being stolen.

When you lose all comms? That's the sign that you may want to get ready to repel boarders. I got my eyepatch all ready. Until then, life goes on. :)

Then again maybe they have been showing the looters...Congress gets a lot of attention. :) They stole your job and are stealing your future.

Reactions: TACC
    But don't you feel more comfortable knowing that global crime numbers are down? Were any of the perps elected officials? I'm not the least bit happy with how we are constantly ripped off by Washington, but politicians aren't likely gonna threaten my family or me with injury or death. I'll keep my weapons, thanks.
    "...but politicians aren't likely gonna threaten my family or me with injury or death." Was that sarcasm? Because I think with some of the shit they are proposing and trying to do that it does threaten us with injury or death, either directly or indirectly.

"...but politicians aren't likely gonna threaten my family or me with injury or death." Was that sarcasm? Because I think with some of the shit they are proposing and trying to do that it does threaten us with injury or death, either directly or indirectly.
    No sarcasm at all. There's not a damn thing I can do about the politicians other than vote, but absolutely am not concerned about my senator breaking down my door in the middle of the night. If you know some magic trick for fixing our mess in Washington, I'm all ears, but for now I'm concerning myself with keeping the gutter rats away from my family and property.

Reactions: TACC and DustBun