• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Why no response from Patagonia Ballistics?

Fursniper

Captain, USMM (retired)
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Arizona
Not having any luck trying to find the pricing for the Coldbore ballistics program & it doesnt appear to be on their website either. I have emailed them several times with the contact fields provided by their website with no response. Anyone know what the deal is? Price of the program? Anyone have any thoughts on how good their software is for distances out to 2500yds? I'm kinda new to these "higher end" ballistic programs and looking for advice.

I was talking to Gus on What's App last night for over an hour. He is around

I think the complete price is $150 for both, it's on there, but in a weird spot. I bitched to him about the site but he won't change it

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.00.19 PM.png

I was talking to Gus on What's App last night for over an hour. He is around

I think the complete price is $150 for both, it's on there, but in a weird spot. I bitched to him about the site but he won't change it

Thanks Frank, couldn't seem to find that section. I dont know who Gus is, a principle of the company I suppose, no one there seems too interested in responding to potential new customers. In either event I'll take your past accolades of the Coldbore program as an endorsement that it is a worthy & superior program for ELR purposes. If i am mistaken please let me know!

I will give him an ear full today...

I am actually considering going back to using ColdBore Full Time and have set my Windows Phone up for it to use, gonna charge my Surface Pro too and use that as well.

With so much changing, the up and down nature of Apps, ColdBore has been solid for me. I tend to drop it because I don't Use Windows computers but for me, and especially after this ELR Shoot this past weekend, I am revisiting CB on a more permanent basis again.

it works

Frank any chance of you doing a post or video walking through proper set up of coldbore. I picked up a Trimble nomad 900 that had cold ore installed so I went ahead and purchased it for my surface pro. I’ve primarily been using ballistic AE or shooter on my iPhone since they both came out. The user interface in coldbore feels a lot less user friendly and I want to make sure I’m doing this right. My hope was to sync the two pieces of hardware and my Bluetooth kestrel 4500 but it’s been a little iffy at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will give him an ear full today...

I am actually considering going back to using ColdBore Full Time and have set my Windows Phone up for it to use, gonna charge my Surface Pro too and use that as well.

With so much changing, the up and down nature of Apps, ColdBore has been solid for me. I tend to drop it because I don't Use Windows computers but for me, and especially after this ELR Shoot this past weekend, I am revisiting CB on a more permanent basis again.

it works

Thanks Frank. Your comments are certainly a testament to the abilities of CB. I'm not a fan of windows either & the constant bumps & grinds with new windows operating system upgrades has frustrated me to no end. That, with the anticipated difficulties of navigating CB based on what I've read from users has put me off for some time. I suppose I'll take the jump anyway as the android systems I have been using (AB, Shooter, yada yada) for ELR have been disappointing. Sure wish the forum had a dedicated sticky thread for the CB program like the Trasol thread you started. I was just getting into it when it went tits up.

Thanks Frank. Your comments are certainly a testament to the abilities of CB. I'm not a fan of windows either & the constant bumps & grinds with new windows operating system upgrades has frustrated me to no end. That, with the anticipated difficulties of navigating CB based on what I've read from users has put me off for some time. I suppose I'll take the jump anyway as the android systems I have been using (AB, Shooter, yada yada) for ELR have been disappointing. Sure wish the forum had a dedicated sticky thread for the CB program like the Trasol thread you started. I was just getting into it when it went tits up.

It is really not that hard to use because the manual is truly outstanding. Walks you through everything plus provides some theory should you wish to read more. Moreover, there are a few of us that can answer a bunch of questions having gone through it. Lastly, Gus usually responds to any question within 24 hours. If you send it at the right time, sometimes within a couple of hours.

You won't regret it

It is really not that hard to use because the manual is truly outstanding. Walks you through everything plus provides some theory should you wish to read more. Moreover, there are a few of us that can answer a bunch of questions having gone through it. Lastly, Gus usually responds to any question within 24 hours. If you send it at the right time, sometimes within a couple of hours.

You won't regret it

Thanks for the reasurring comments. I haven't taken the leap yet due to Christmas family & vacation travel, etc, but getting closer. Trying to decide to go desktop, mobile or both. Any advice on that would be appreciated. I'd have to buy a mobile device as well if i were to include the mobile version. Knowing in advance that there's a well done manual is encouraging!

Thanks for the reasurring comments. I haven't taken the leap yet due to Christmas family & vacation travel, etc, but getting closer. Trying to decide to go desktop, mobile or both. Any advice on that would be appreciated. I'd have to buy a mobile device as well if i were to include the mobile version. Knowing in advance that there's a well done manual is encouraging!

I have the desktop and the PDA version which runs on a NOMAD. The mobile version running on a Windows phone is likely to be better but I got the deal of the century on a NOMAD here on the hide so I went that route. The NOMAD is much better built than a mobile phone but the phone is likely to be easier to get up and running, especially if you run Win10. Doing it with the NOMAD and Win10 is not easy for certain unless you know your way around the Windows Registry. I also don't think Gus is doing any further updates with the PDA version. It does not have the features of the Desktop while the mobile does.

I would buy both the desktop and phone if you can as both are important and have their proper place. It is only $60 bucks more plus the device. However, I went with the desktop by itself for a long time.

Last edited:
Hi fursniper,

i have been through rough the same process as you. Not a huge fan of windows. I purchased the desktop and mobile package, and purchased a second hand Nokia running windows from ebay (cheap entry point at $30). Having come from TRASOL and other apps on the iPhone I have had an adjustment period. I can’t say that I have had a lot of time on the system but can appreciate the power of the desktop allowing you to run and compare ‘tracks’. I am sure I could get more out of it with better data - eg a minimum of 4 different muzzle velocities at different temperatures. Still doing a fair bit of trial and error regarding the need to turn on Aerodynamic jump and a few others. Regarding the mobile version it has taken a bit of an investment in time (say 45minutes a night) over the last week to start to get to an intuitive point in using it. Again I am not exploiting it to its potential. But I am comfortable with loading a track, imputing current environmentals and using the doubt putted data to get on target.

I just ran a comparison of AB v Coldbore v observed data (960.4hPa, 20*c,57% hum) and at 100m increments from 100 to 1000m. Only 0.1 to 0.2mil difference between the three data sets. In a few months I hope to repeat the exercise from 1000m to 1700m (limits of the range) which will include the trans and sub sonic for my rounds. It will be interesting to see the results. If there is interest I can post the data.

for me the manual is very detailed and contains a lot of theory, which is great but a quick guide/ aide memoir would be awesome. A dedicated sticky is something I would surely appreciate. When time permits, could be a few months, I will try and pull together a rudimentary user guide and will post it for peer review/info. I am by no means an expert but would be happy to attempt to answer any questions you may post. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Thanks to both of you (Nik & Oz) for the feedback. Truly appreciated. Considering how long CB has been out I'm amazed there isn't already a sticky...I can't help but wonder why? I guess I'll take a run at it, I really would appreciate a program that can help more with coldbore shot predictive solutions at 2000 yds and out & CB & FFS seem to be it if there truly is such a thing. Look forward someday to a dedicated thread on CB & thanks too for the offer of assistance.

Ill show my ignorance - how do we creat a sticky?

I'm not positive but I suppose you probably need approval from a moderator or possibly even Frank. I would suggest you PM Rob01, Tucker or Frank to see what the necessary qualifications are. Does anyone else here know whats required?