• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why no slower twist 22 Grendel options

RampedRaptor

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
OH-IO Go buckeyes
Hello everyone,

I’ve been in the market for a 22 Grendel or 22 Grendel 40* variant for a little while now. Currently shoot a 6 fat rat and would like to try a 22 cal version out.

It seems all the usual places to look for a barrel have gone strictly to faster twist barrels. 1:6.5-7 seem like the standard at this time.

I don’t see the logic and was hoping someone on here might know of a place that stocks 1:8 22 Grendel barrels?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Hello everyone,

I’ve been in the market for a 22 Grendel or 22 Grendel 40* variant for a little while now. Currently shoot a 6 fat rat and would like to try a 22 cal version out.

It seems all the usual places to look for a barrel have gone strictly to faster twist barrels. 1:6.5-7 seem like the standard at this time.

I don’t see the logic and was hoping someone on here might know of a place that stocks 1:8 22 Grendel barrels?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

I know a guy that can make you one. Reamer is in hand.

PM me if you want contact info

Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any leads so I'm having a reamer made currently.

Do you know the specifics of his reamer/case dimensions ?

Noticed the same thing while barrel shopping today. I'm not too concerned though as I think 1:7 is fine for the bullet weights I'd prefer to use.

Out of curiosity, how many places did you find that sell 22G barrels?

Get ahold of Baldwin Gun Works in Marion IL. He has been selling some with a 9 twist. Had good luck with the 53gr max with them. His is called the 22 BGW, but it's basically a 22 grendel.

Reactions: Huckleberry75