• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why no stainless barricade rifle actions?

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
Just wondering. It’s not like it’s a hunting gun and you have to be concerned with the shine scaring game. Seems to me a match rifle, fighting condensation and corrosion issues in the extremes of summer and winter, would be the best option? Having a rifle subject to the hard use these rifles see, it would seem a natural material choice.

Despite what might be considered hard use/ handling at marches, most match rifles then get transported to and from the match or range in a protective case, then cared for right after a match or range trip.

I myself hate stainless, and don’t see a utility in match guns for it much at all. If you live in a harsh climate for a day in day out gun ( Alaska for example) where guns and gear stay wet and can’t always be dried off or cleaned, it may have a purpose.
I have blued finish guns well over 100 years old that still look and function great.

What is a barricade rifle action?

Prs guns live pampered lives.

The list of carbon steel custom actions is shorter than stainless actions. Could you be mistaking nitrided or dlc’d stainless actions for carbon steel?
Very possibly.
Bergara, CZ, Tikka, Vudoo, Ultimatum Defense, Anschutz, Victrix, Ruger, I thought were all carbon steel?

I know the vudoo, deuce, RimX, and victrix are all stainless with nitrided except the victrix they use a PVD coating

Reactions: obx22
Very possibly.
Bergara, CZ, Tikka, Vudoo, Ultimatum Defense, Anschutz, Victrix, Ruger, I thought were all carbon steel?

That's a very odd list of actions to put together. And most can be had in stainless if desired. Like, I've never actually seen a Tikka that wasn't stainless. I know they're made, but I've never actually seen one. There's 3 stainless ones in my garage though.

Reactions: Supersubes
That's a very odd list of actions to put together. And most can be had in stainless if desired. Like, I've never actually seen a Tikka that wasn't stainless. I know they're made, but I've never actually seen one. There's 3 stainless ones in my garage though.
The T1-X is stainless?