• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why not a RF comeup and wind pinned thread?

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
I just went through pages and pages of topics - none so far I can find about this.

It would be great if we had this for 22LR 40 gr supersonic, 40 gr subsonic, 17 Mach2, and 17 HMR, don't you think?

Re: Why not a RF comeup and wind pinned thread?

JBM has models for rimfire bullets. You can get more precise dope using that if you know your velocities.

Seems to be a good topic, though the velocities are pretty important, so I've tried to work out BC's for a few different ammo's and write the speeds down for each of my rifles with each ammo.

The G1's that I can glean from about a dozen types of 40gr ammo are:

RN G1 0.147-0.150

HP G1 0.140-0.142

The 36gr ones end up being almost exactly 10% less.

Knowing your average velocity and using that information will get you much closer than using someone else's dopes.

You want to use RA4 drag models for .22 rimfire, not G1. JBM models use the RA4 models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You want to use RA4 drag models for .22 rimfire, not G1. JBM models use the RA4 models.</div></div>

Thanks, that's good to know.