• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Why Not More Talk About Delta Stryker 1-6?

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2019
NC
Koshkin 's posts here and his YouTube video made me realize the delta Stryker might be the sleeper of the lpvos currently on the market. Daylight bright, good glass, 1-6 power, decent reticle with wind marks, only 17 ounces, and one website is showing them for $720! Why is this not mentioned anywhere on gun related boards? If it were not for koshkins video and posts, I wouldn't even know about it. I am seriously thinking about buying one in a few months to give it a shot. Is there a catch or anything I don't know about that I should? Is warranty work the issue since it is imported?

Reactions: JDB55
Koshkin 's posts here and his YouTube video made me realize the delta Stryker might be the sleeper of the lpvos currently on the market. Daylight bright, good glass, 1-6 power, decent reticle with wind marks, only 17 ounces, and one website is showing them for $720! Why is this not mentioned anywhere on gun related boards? If it were not for koshkins video and posts, I wouldn't even know about it. I am seriously thinking about buying one in a few months to give it a shot. Is there a catch or anything I don't know about that I should? Is warranty work the issue since it is imported?
Hi.
The Delta Stryker (all models) are 1kg in weight (nearer 32 ounces). The average price in Europe is £1600 ($2092). I have just purchased one!
If you've seen anything other than that then it is not a Delta Stryker, so be wary before parting with any cash.

Funny you posted. I've been wondering the same thing.

I've IM'd him about it. I'm tempted to grab one too, but yeah I can only find the same US vendor that you are seeing.

I've been on the checkout page a few times to just buy one and see how it is, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Keep thinking there would be more info on them and hopefully other vendors/maybe a better price.

Based on Ilya's recommendation video, I bought one a couple of weeks ago from EDgunwest for the aforementioned $720. Never dealt with them before, but prompt answers to emails and it arrived in good shape.

The red dot is really bright, the owners manual is pretty sparse. I have it mounted on a 16" AR carbine, but haven't had the chance to shoot with it yet. Hopefully sometime this week it will happen.

ETA: The weight on my postage scale was 17.8 ounces with battery and magnification change dingus installed.

Hi.
The Delta Stryker (all models) are 1kg in weight (nearer 32 ounces). The average price in Europe is £1600 ($2092). I have just purchased one!
If you've seen anything other than that then it is not a Delta Stryker, so be wary before parting with any cash.

So you don't think this is an actual delta stryker:

Funny you posted. I've been wondering the same thing.

I've IM'd him about it. I'm tempted to grab one too, but yeah I can only find the same US vendor that you are seeing.

I've been on the checkout page a few times to just buy one and see how it is, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Keep thinking there would be more info on them and hopefully other vendors/maybe a better price.

Yeah, I just find it odd that I never see anything about it other than koshkin reference it. I am totally fine with the price, by the way. I don't think that will get much better, ha ha. I just think it is weird that more people have not tried them at that price and weight.

Based on Ilya's recommendation video, I bought one a couple of weeks ago from EDgunwest for the aforementioned $720. Never dealt with them before, but prompt answers to emails and it arrived in good shape.

The red dot is really bright, the owners manual is pretty sparse. I have it mounted on a 16" AR carbine, but haven't had the chance to shoot with it yet. Hopefully sometime this week it will happen.

ETA: The weight on my postage scale was 17.8 ounces with battery and magnification change dingus installed.

Grrat! That is exactly what I am looking to see. You are the only one besides koshkin who I have ever read about having one in your hands. How is the eye box?

I think Zed is referring to the 4.5-30x56 and 5-50x56 Delta Stryker HD's. The Stryker HD is a line of scopes, not just the 1-6x24.

That makes sense. I was trying to figure out what he meant by that. Maybe they don't sell much of the 1-6 over there either.

Grrat! That is exactly what I am looking to see. You are the only one besides koshkin who I have ever read about having one in your hands. How is the eye box?

It doesn't appear to be especially tight looking though it indoors (which is all I've done so far). Won't have a meaningful opinion until I get to the range.

It doesn't appear to be especially tight looking though it indoors (which is all I've done so far). Won't have a meaningful opinion until I get to the range.

You have any other LPVOs to compare it to by chance?

I'd grab another p4xi but with the price increase the Stryker really caught my attention.

Ilya said 1x was very similar to a P4xi. Hopefully he can chime in on this thread.

I think Zed is referring to the 4.5-30x56 and 5-50x56 Delta Stryker HD's. The Stryker HD is a line of scopes, not just the 1-6x24.
Hi.
Sorry for any confusion.
Yes, it's the 4.5-30x56 I've bought. I didn't realise Delta did anything smaller, but then I never looked.

I am from Germany and the 1-6x Stryker has just recently gotten on the market here. That's why not alot of people have one yet. I bought one for 630 euro and for the price it's fantastic. The dot is super bright and the quality of glass is somewhere right in the middle between vortex pst gen 2 and kahles k16i (probably closer to Kahles). I know about a few people here that just bought one and they are all very happy with it. Eyebox and FOV are great all the way from 1 to 6 power. It just replaced a Pst 1-6x on my SPRish AR15. The weight is also nice and the built in throw lever makes it super quick to adjust magnification.

Last edited:
Here is a comparison of the dot with a crossfire red dot on full power. It's brighter than the k16i I used to have for sure.

Attachments

• W882lKF.jpg
    W882lKF.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 749
  • VuX8oAl.jpg
    VuX8oAl.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 797
You have any other LPVOs to compare it to by chance?

I'd grab another p4xi but with the price increase the Stryker really caught my attention.

Ilya said 1x was very similar to a P4xi. Hopefully he can chime in on this thread.

The only ones I have access to right now are some older Meopta 1-4x KDots. I plan on taking a KDot to the range with the Delta Stryker. I have had a tiny amount of time behind a Gen 1 Vortex Razor HD 1-6x mil reticle, which is the nicest LPVO I've had any experience with. But I don't have access to the Razor at present.

Im eying one of these for a Tavor 7. Was gonna do 1-8., But hesitate to take the weight penalty. Of course now looking at 1-6 options theres about a million to choose from. Would like daylight red dot, good eye box and 1x, not finicky at 6x, decent weight and size.

Hi.
Sorry for any confusion.
Yes, it's the 4.5-30x56 I've bought. I didn't realise Delta did anything smaller, but then I never looked.

no problem at all. I appreciate you looking out for others. Do you like your 4.5-30?

Im eying one of these for a Tavor 7. Was gonna do 1-8., But hesitate to take the weight penalty. Of course now looking at 1-6 options theres about a million to choose from. Would like daylight red dot, good eye box and 1x, not finicky at 6x, decent weight and size.
I am also thinking this would be a good fit for a lightweight bcm ar15 I have.

no problem at all. I appreciate you looking out for others. Do you like your 4.5-30?
Hi.
Yes, it's a great scope. Early days yet but seems very robust and 'soldier proof'. The reticle illumination is way more usable than my NXS was. Although subjective I reckon the image is better than my NXS was, it looks more realistic. My only criticism is that the paralax adjustment is a bit 'cramped' at the top end (200m). For the price I don't think it can be beaten.

SFP, moa turrets and a poor reticle. Maybe 20 years ago it would be a good deal.

Much better choices for not much more money.

To me a 1-6x only makes sense with SFP. The reticle is simple and works well on an AR15 so I am not sure what's wrong with it. If I want to use a precision scope with christmas tree and big exposed turrets then I will grab my Stryker 4.5-30x. This is perfect for my intended use with my AR15 - which is close range shooting and up to 300 meters.

Reactions: 308pirate
The Stryker is a new scope, but optomechanically it is an evolution of their Titanium 1-6x24 that they have been supplying to hunters for a while.

I havn't the foggiest idea of how they are able to sell it for so little, but I would not be surprised if the price goes up in not so distant future. If I was them, I would charge more for it.

The reticle is a simple MRAD design, but the turrets are in MOA due to an embarassing oversight on the first batch. I think they will change it to MRAD turrets going forward, but honestly, given that I never expect to dial with this scope I am not terribly concerned. Mine has the MOA turrets and aside from zeroing in, the turrets have never been touched.

ILya

SFP, moa turrets and a poor reticle. Maybe 20 years ago it would be a good deal.

Hi.
Do you mean the NXS? Or the 4.5-30x56 Stryker?
My Stryker is FFP. Mil turrets and reticle. There is a choice of FFP or SFP, MOA and Mil and 4 reticles.
It's horses for courses. For what I want, which is fox and small deer out to 300m at first and last light its near on perfect.
In this country the next 3 scopes up the ladder are Nightforce +£250, Vortex Razor +£400, S&B PMII +£900.
I think in the States you may have a greater choice at lower prices, you're lucky.

To me a 1-6x only makes sense with SFP. The reticle is simple and works well on an AR15 so I am not sure what's wrong with it. If I want to use a precision scope with christmas tree and big exposed turrets then I will grab my Stryker 4.5-30x. This is perfect for my intended use with my AR15 - which is close range shooting and up to 300 meters.
Dont need to touch the turrets with a good xmas tree reticle & FFP. 1-6 is good for COM hits out to 7-800 yards.

Hi.
Yes, it's a great scope. Early days yet but seems very robust and 'soldier proof'. The reticle illumination is way more usable than my NXS was. Although subjective I reckon the image is better than my NXS was, it looks more realistic. My only criticism is that the paralax adjustment is a bit 'cramped' at the top end (200m). For the price I don't think it can be beaten.

I have never seen a lpvo with a parallax adjustment. That is terrific if it actually can be adjusted from say 25 meters up to infinity.

Dont need to touch the turrets with a good xmas tree reticle & FFP. 1-6 is good for COM hits out to 7-800 yards.

That works as well with an SFP. Mine is either at 1x or at 6x. Never in the middle because I don't see a need to. At 1x I treat it as a red dot and at 6x as a scope. For my intended use up to 300m the reticle works well. A christmas tree is overkill on that setup imo. But everyone has different needs and opinions so I'm fine with that. I like that the stryker 1-6x is very light, has very nice quality, fov and eyebox and is cost efficient. So imo it has a place on the market.

Reactions: JDB55
That works as well with an SFP. Mine is either at 1x or at 6x. Never in the middle because I don't see a need to. At 1x I treat it as a red dot and at 6x as a scope. For my intended use up to 300m the reticle works well. A christmas tree is overkill on that setup imo. But everyone has different needs and opinions so I'm fine with that. I like that the stryker 1-6x is very light, has very nice quality, fov and eyebox and is cost efficient. So imo it has a place on the market.

Yeah. Looks like it could be a 1-6 p4xi and with the price increase on the p4xi they are pretty close in price.

I'd buy another p4xi if they were still $450ish, but think I'm going to give the Delta a try.

So then it doesnt work as well. This has been hashed over a thousands times and I'm not going to repeat it again for the people to lazy to read whats already been posted.

If you don't understand why FFP is a must, then you need to spend alot more time learning and shooting.

If you actually used these as intended, you would understand.

Last edited:
Finally made it to the range yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts on the Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 after about 2 hours of use.

Measured weight with battery & throw lever – 17.8 ounces

Reticle: 1 mil hash marks, heavy enough – but not too heavy. Except on 1x trying to use it like a red dot I used it w/o illumination because it didn’t need it.

Mil reticle/MOA turrets: As a practical matter its not an issue for me after zeroing because I’m going to use the reticle, but very peculiar for 2020.

Red Dot: red dot is Aimpoint-bright on highest setting. Really – Aim Point bright directly compared w/ an Aimpoint M3. I am going to pop a new battery in the scope and see how long it lasts on the highest setting because that thing is bright.

Eye Relief: listed as 3.8-4.1 inches, felt longer for some reason. With extended scope mount still had to adjust the stock out a couple of holes to maintain proper eye relief.

Eye box: Seems unremarkable to me; not tight, not overly generous.

Clarity: On 1X the “middle half” of the FOV is very clear, clarity falls off in the outer ¼ “halo”. The outer softness is not really any different from other mid-priced LVPO optics I’ve seen. Zooming to 4x to 6x nearly the entire field of view is very clear.

FOV: I didn’t find the manufacturer’s specs on this, but from 1x to 4x it looked nearly identical to my Meopta 1-4x KDot. I’ve used the Meoptas for about 15 years and never found myself slighted by the field of view.

I was shooting for a couple of hours in mid-day light, so I have no comment on its low-light performance. I didn’t do any “durability” testing, so I can’t comment on how it will hold up over time. For me, the strengths of the scope are the bright red dot and the reticle which is great even w/o illumination. I like the reticle & illumination better than the Vortex Viper PST II 1-6x, which was the other scope I was considering. I even like the reticle better than the one on the Razor 1-6x mil (although in my very, very short time with the Razor it seemed better in every other way except dot brightness (about a tie), weight, and, of course, price).

So then it doesnt work as well. This has been hashed over a thousands times and I'm not going to repeat it again for the people to lazy to read whats already been posted.

If you don't understand why FFP is a must, then you need to spend alot more time learning and shooting.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. There are options because there is no best. What works best for one may not work as well for others. Must I go on? 😁

Even though the mil recticle in the Delta Stryker 1-6x scope is prominent without illumination, I wondered how long the red dot illumination would be "daylight bright" since it is so bright on max illumination with a fresh battery.

I put a new Sony CR2032 in the scope to see how long the very bright illumination would last with the scope left on in the maximum illumination setting of 11.

Delta Stryker 1-6x Illumination Test

Day 0 - Start, red dot brightness = Aimpoint M3 max setting bright
14 hrs - slightly less bright than when started, but not a whole M3 click less than max bright though
21 hrs - 1 click off max M3 brightness
24 hrs - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 2 - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 3 - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 5 - less bright than 1 click off max M3 brightness, brighter than 2 clicks, about setting 9 out of 12 on an Aimpoint T1
Day 7 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 9 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 11 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 14 - about 3 clicks off max brightness M3, 7/12 T1. IMHO at this point the illumination is not really visible in sunny, daylight conditions
Day 18 - about 3 clicks off max brightness M3, 7/12 T1. Test terminated.

So based on this one unscientific test, it looks like my example of the Delta Stryker 1-6x scope will remain visible in daylight conditions for less than 2 weeks if the illumination remains on in the max setting of 11.

Even though the mil recticle in the Delta Stryker 1-6x scope is prominent without illumination, I wondered how long the red dot illumination would be "daylight bright" since it is so bright on max illumination with a fresh battery.

I put a new Sony CR2032 in the scope to see how long the very bright illumination would last with the scope left on in the maximum illumination setting of 11.

Delta Stryker 1-6x Illumination Test

Day 0 - Start, red dot brightness = Aimpoint M3 max setting bright
14 hrs - slightly less bright than when started, but not a whole M3 click less than max bright though
21 hrs - 1 click off max M3 brightness
24 hrs - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 2 - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 3 - 1 click off max M3 brightness
Day 5 - less bright than 1 click off max M3 brightness, brighter than 2 clicks, about setting 9 out of 12 on an Aimpoint T1
Day 7 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 9 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 11 - about 2 clicks off max brightness M3, 8/12 T1
Day 14 - about 3 clicks off max brightness M3, 7/12 T1. IMHO at this point the illumination is not really visible in sunny, daylight conditions
Day 18 - about 3 clicks off max brightness M3, 7/12 T1. Test terminated.

So based on this one unscientific test, it looks like my example of the Delta Stryker 1-6x scope will remain visible in daylight conditions for less than 2 weeks if the illumination remains on in the max setting of 11.

That's about right for most scopes that use this illumination system.

None of the daybright riflescopes can come close to how long modern Aimpoints last, but there is always the physical reticle to fall back upon.

ILya

99% of users running a 1-6x will not be dialing anything after zeroing, and will only be running at ranges where it’s a matter of putting the dot on the target and pulling the trigger. Good glass and a daylight bright reticle basically accommodates that.

Reactions: 308pirate

thank God this fucktard has been silenced

Just curious for those who’ve purchased one, how is their warranty ? Not sure how that would work since it’s a Poland based company?