• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why PMAG for DPMS but not AR10

mtm87tx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
Texas
Just curious as for my discussion for a AR10 or DPMS LR308 why magpul opted to make mags for only the SR25 family of rifles

Re: Why PMAG for DPMS but not AR10

I would think it is because most .308 semi's use DPMS pattern mags, it might not be worth it to make them for the small percentage of rifles that are actually AR-10 platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would think it is because most .308 semi's use DPMS pattern mags, it might not be worth it to make them for the small percentage of rifles that are actually AR-10 platform. </div></div>
That and the issued rifles are DPMS pattern. The Knights pattern is what DPMS copied. Like stated above why make something for a small percent of those who would need them. Plus the new AR-10 mags are pretty good now. JMHO

Because the SR25 is the platform the US military adopted. Additionally, there are more commercial manufacturers of the SR25 pattern: DPMS, LMT, KAC, Larue. The AR10 is made primarily by Armalite and Noveske. So for both military and commercial "bang for the buck" in terms of R&D and tooling dollars spent, it makes good sense to make a SR25 mag.