• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why so many SAC dies f/s

K80/6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Kirkwood, Missouri
I’m looking at buying a new set of 6 dasher dies. I can’t help but notice all of SAC dies for sale in the classifieds. I was considering SAC dies why are so many for sale and what is everyone going to?

I’m looking at buying a new set of 6 dasher dies. I can’t help but notice all of SAC dies for sale in the classifieds. I was considering SAC dies why are so many for sale and what is everyone going to?

giphy.gif

lemmings-gif-13.gif

Probably because people are selling the prior model sizing dies, and replacing them with the new “modular” dies that are good for a cartridge family and not just a single cartridge. The bushings are not compatible between the two, so if you go to modular it makes sense to sell the earlier model.

Reactions: K80/6.5
Probably because people are selling the prior model sizing dies, and replacing them with the new “modular” dies that are good for a cartridge family and not just a single cartridge. The bushings are not compatible between the two, so if you go to modular it makes sense to sell the earlier model.
Thanks for the helpful response. That also makes sense. Just thought I would ask before I bought a set.

cant answer why you’re finding many for sale but I have SAC’s new series modular sizing die for the 308 win and their “The Seating Die” and the quality and engineering is excellent. Highly recommend.

Reactions: Rhed and K80/6.5