• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why so many ZCO's for sale in the PX?

Kahles service is in Austria. At least that’s where mine got sent. Swaro North America helped facilitate the trip, but repairs were done overseas.

Service is a legitimate factor to consider. I’d have to look it up, but my Kahles was gone for 2 or 3 months IIRC for repairs. I recently had one of my ZCOs converted to NLE, and I think it was 10 days door-to-door including weekends.
Jeff and the team at ZCO turn things around quickly.

My reference was in relation to the S&B 6-36..

I own and use Tangent, ZCO , S&B ...The new S&B 6-36 is a very very good optic....far improved over the old 5-25.... At present its the best optic i have used!!

Honest question, if there was a TT, ZCO, and 6-36 S&B on a table and you could take one for free which one are you walking with? I have a SB PMII 5-25, great scope, love it. I thought I was “missing out” so I bought a NF 7-35 for the next rifle build. To my eyes it didn’t stack up to the S&B, rifle build didn’t happen and I never mounted the NF, just sold it to another hide member with a hefty tard tax on my end (I bought the NF new so I paid $600 + to just look through it, lol!!! Derp!). There are no shops locally that sell any alpha glass so I have to pay to play.

That being said the S&B is high up on the list, but so are the TT and ZCO. I plan on keeping the next scope for a good stretch so I don’t mind dropping the coin for the right one.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
Honest question, if there was a TT, ZCO, and 6-36 S&B on a table and you could take one for free which one are you walking with? I have a SB PMII 5-25, great scope, love it. I thought I was “missing out” so I bought a NF 7-35 for the next rifle build. To my eyes it didn’t stack up to the S&B, rifle build didn’t happen and I never mounted the NF, just sold it to another hide member with a hefty tard tax on my end (I bought the NF new so I paid $600 + to just look through it, lol!!! Derp!). There are no shops locally that sell any alpha glass so I have to pay to play.

That being said the S&B is high up on the list, but so are the TT and ZCO. I plan on keeping the next scope for a good stretch so I don’t mind dropping the coin for the right one.
I am currently replacing ATCAR 7-35s with ZCOs. With that in mind I would grab the ZCO.

I've sold plenty of better scopes because I've decided it wasn't worth keeping it for one reason or another. By the time you get into TT or ZCO territory you are deep into diminishing returns and a cheap, by comparison, g3 Razor will do everything it will do.
What you wrote is valid. I PM’ed several guys in the past 8-10 months and asked them why they were selling their TT’s and two of the guys responded that they had compared the G3 Razor to their TT and the Razor was every bit as good and so they sold the Tangent and bought two G3 Razors… Another guy replied that he sold his Tangent because he needed some money and that he was replacing the TT with G3 Razor because it was so, so close to the optical performance of the Tangent.

Reactions: stanley_white
What you wrote is valid. I PM’ed several guys in the past 8-10 months and asked them why they were selling their TT’s and two of the guys responded that they had compared the G3 Razor to their TT and the Razor was every bit as good and so they sold the Tangent and bought two G3 Razors… Another guy replied that he sold his Tangent because he needed some money and that he was replacing the TT with G3 Razor because it was so, so close to the optical performance of the Tangent.

There is a lot of people pimping the greatest. Lots of people try to be part of the cool kids group and buy the same. I'm guilty of some of it myself. However there is a point where you are paying hundreds or thousands of $ for every 1% better you get. But some people get sucked into the hype to learn that it's a huge investment to get that little bit of improvement. So unless you need it for competition or work people are dumping them some cheaper options that are 99% as good.

Again that's my opinion.

I bought a leupold compact spotter and then a Hensoldt Spotter 60. The Spotter 60 was better in every way. But it wasn't THAT much better unless it was at the very top end or in dim light. So I sold the Spotter 60.

For me ....it would be the S&B 6-36.

I already have that choice as I also have TT and ZCO.
As others have said.....optics is a very personal thing..
And agree with the comments on the Vortex G3......most underated scope out there!!!

Reactions: Zuul
The Vortex is legit but not at MSRP. But if you're paying MSRP for the Vortex then...

:oops:
Image 3-14-24 at 7.42 AM.jpg

Image 3-14-24 at 7.45 AM.jpg

Reactions: FuhQ
The Vortex is legit but not at MSRP. But if you're paying MSRP for the Vortex then...

:oops:
View attachment 8372358

View attachment 8372359

Vortex MSRP is straight up smoking crack these days.
It was already pretty silly until the price hike this year and then, it's like yep someone is hitting the crack pipe.

Now that being said the Vortex 6-36x56 scope is really a great scope, if you could get it say for 40% off MSRP then it's totally worth it and will do well.
But considering the sale price S&B 6-36 range scopes were going for and how much the average ZCO 8-40 scope goes for, there is a limit to how much a Vortex scope can be priced before folks will just jump to a different one.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Vortex MSRP is straight up smoking crack these days.
It was already pretty silly until the price hike this year and then, it's like yep someone is hitting the crack pipe.

Now that being said the Vortex 6-36x56 scope is really a great scope, if you could get it say for 40% off MSRP then it's totally worth it and will do well.
But considering the sale price S&B 6-36 range scopes were going for and how much the average ZCO 8-40 scope goes for, there is a limit to how much a Vortex scope can be priced before folks will just jump to a different one.
Well you are in luck, as our resident Vortex Rep confirmed that prices didn’t increase… 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Gents,
Gen3 prices have not increased. If we ever have price increases they will almost always happen on Jan 1. I'd have to double check, but I don't think we raised any actual pricing this year on riflescopes.

Hopefully that helps clear things up.

Best Regards
Scott

I'm aware of the MSRP jump and I promise msrp doesn't affect dealer pricing or map.

Well you are in luck, as our resident Vortex Rep confirmed that prices didn’t increase… 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Vortex MSRPs did go up but everyone knows no one pays the MSRP and it's just a number to base donations/discount codes/etc and the street price has stayed the same so MAP hasn't gone up and most will pay less than that. What Scott said about MSRP not effecting the MAP and Dealer is true so nothing to laugh at.

And Scott is a good guy and have been friends with him for many years and shot matches with him also. You should consider yourself lucky to have him here to answer questions and get info out. He's not someone to call a liar or make fun of as he does not BS anyone. Having manufacturers here answering questions is one of the great things about this site.

They don’t think gaslighting be like it is, but it do.

And, I’m a pretty unapologetic Vortex fan.

But this thread is about ZCO…

Reactions: Earnhardt
Curious, I see tons of them for sale. People don't like them? overrated? too expensive and want something cheaper? What are people replacing them with after they sell them?

I can’t even go to Vegas on vacation without having to work on the hide lol

A ton of older models are for sale as we have all the 2024 models coming in with 10MIL turrets and the newest reticles.

Many of the ZCO’s in the PX are my customers upgrading to the newest models.

If you have any questions, feel free to call me directly.

Richard Alves
Ofc: 916-670-1103x2
Cell: 916-628-3490
cstactical.com
@richardatcstactical