• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Why was this not thought of before?

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
This hobby will suck the last cent from my wallet. Think I am going to give these a try. If any of you have played with 9mm ARs you will know they are fun as hell. But defensive ammo is not always 100% reliable. This video is not 100% conclusive as I require more than 15 rounds. Also the BHO on many are non- functional, those that are have linkage that can be temperamental.

Oh man thats a great idea!
Now I have something else to spend $ on..... must try this. I liked the Glock mag lowers as I have seen them perform well (at least at the range....) and prefer this even more.

Oh man thats a great idea!
Now I have something else to spend $ on..... must try this. I liked the Glock mag lowers as I have seen them perform well (at least at the range....) and prefer this even more.
My glock mag lower is 100% with ball ammo. Hollow points took some work to get running. I have not had an issue for about 500 rds of hollow point, but it is still in the back of my head. The BHO works but in a weird way. Also the mag release on many is different. Mine is not but will only work with Gen 3 or newer mags.
Most the feeding issues with hollow points seem to be because the 9mm round is short and has to jump into the chamber at a rather steep angle. Mine has a feed ramp (many don't) and still had issues.
This mag insert looks like the forward portion has a ramp built in, but since round will be farther back (like god intended) it will be a much gentler angle. I ordered some, i will test them out thoroughly.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I pre-ordered some, thinking that this could save me from doing a form 1 on my Glock mag qc10 lower by just running on one of my already papered lowers. Hopefully they pan out, they'll look better than a Glock mag hanging out of the lower as a bonus.

I pre-ordered some, thinking that this could save me from doing a form 1 on my Glock mag qc10 lower by just running on one of my already papered lowers. Hopefully they pan out, they'll look better than a Glock mag hanging out of the lower as a bonus.
From the bottom up.
Yes they look better than glock or colt mags. Wish they had come out 5 years ago (if they work) I would have just papered another normal lower, as it stands my glock lower is good for nothing else.
I ordered some as well.

I don't have an AR that will fire that fast.............

that sounded faster than a MG42! reloading led ball ammo shouldn't put you in the poor house..................

2a
Any word or are you waiting until you have a ton of rounds through these?

Just curious and waiting patiently..... ?

2a
Any word or are you waiting until you have a ton of rounds through these?

Just curious and waiting patiently..... ?
received 6 last week, installed one in a pmag and with some snap caps played with it all weekend. I will try and post some pics tonight. It has the Ejector built into the mag adapter and on the opposite side (side by dust cover) a "feed lip" the bolt has to slide over those. The bolt from my daughters colt pattern was a little tight sliding over those. My glock bolt went over smooth. I ill take pics of the bolts also, they are cut a little different. They make "hybrid" bolts now that can work with either mags so I am sure those are cut more like a glock bolt.
I have plans to take next friday off and go shooting with a buddy. I will set a gun up and put about 500rds through one. stay tuned for that, but I will try and post pics tonight. So far I am pretty impressed.

@powdahound76. Here are some pics. You can see the feed into the cahmber is a lot shallower angle. I think it will work.
first pics are of my daughter's gun (cerakoted with lions and tigers). It is a Colt pattern gun with a Hahn mag block. Then my glock mag lower. Then the two different bolts and then the mean arms endomag. Oh couple of the endomag before the bolts also.
20181010_212534.jpg
20181010_212545.jpg
20181010_212801.jpg
20181010_212809.jpg
20181010_212927.jpg
20181010_212954.jpg
20181010_213051.jpg
20181010_213158.jpg
20181010_213512.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! Makes perfect sense now how it presents from the mag based on mag height.
I am PC AR ignorant, which bolt is the Glock mag style bolt? Guessing the top on in pics based on feed lips of the colt and glock mags?

Me likey. Would love a suppressed AR pistol in 9mm that would reliably run 147 gr HP.

Thanks again for pics. Have a blast testing those mags!

Thanks for the pics! Makes perfect sense now how it presents from the mag based on mag height.
I am PC AR ignorant, which bolt is the Glock mag style bolt? Guessing the top on in pics based on feed lips of the colt and glock mags?

Me likey. Would love a suppressed AR pistol in 9mm that would reliably run 147 gr HP.

Thanks again for pics. Have a blast testing those mags!
Yes top bolt is the glock bolt. The groove on the left (would be right side of the gun installed) is wider than the colt one. That is the groove that had just a tiny bit of resistance going over the endomag.

Mean arms put out another video a couple days ago. I will find it and post it up.

My only concern is the mag is the same size as a fighting rifle mag

Would I end up with the wrong Ammo / mag combo for a reload
Yep, if it works out I will stencil 9mm on the sides of the mags and have a dedicated bag for them and the rifle I build. Same thing I did with my 300 BO. 300 BO in a black bag, with 6 mags stenciled 300 in the same cerakote color as the gun. I am not looking to switch from one caliber to another. I just think the glock lowers lack a couple things, and the colt version has the damn mag block. both are ugly as shit also.

Also they are working on doing the mag insert in a different color to distinguish it from regular pmag.

Last edited:
What I really want is the Ruger PC Carbine but in 10mm
That with a couple high capacity Glock magazines and some of the hottest Underwood ammo would be really nice.

Damn I got rid of all of my 9mm pistols and ammo last year and consolidated on 45ACP and now I see this.
Thanks alot guys, the wheels are turning again unless they come out with a 45ACP version

Ruger has been pretty good about putting out lots of stuff in different calibers as the market wants it, so you might get your .45 ACP version.

I have a lot of .45 pistols and like them a lot.
On the bigger beefier HK ones I can run the .45 Super and that has impressive performance.

Ruger has been pretty good about putting out lots of stuff in different calibers as the market wants it, so you might get your .45 ACP version.

I have a lot of .45 pistols and like them a lot.
On the bigger beefier HK ones I can run the .45 Super and that has impressive performance.

I hear that and hope Ruger does offer a 45 version, I've been drooling over getting a 460Rowland conversion for my G21 for awhile now.

After reading an extensive review on the PC Carbine, it appears that it is not only well suited to a 45ACP upgrade, but that there may already be some preliminary provisions for that in the original configuration.

My personal decision has me pretty firmly committed to the 9 and only the 9; but if anything could ever bring me back into that fold, the PC carbine would be the perfect enticement.

This whole PC Carbine concept has reawakened an old but intense interest in the old Marlin Camp 9/45, but the current interest is in the PC Carbine.

Greg

PS, ...About OP requiring more than 15 rounds, my view is that I require one round, with the ability to have more for successive targets. For me, the RAP magazines permit 17, which is (marginally) better than 15.

Last edited:
If the Ruger PC came out in .45 ACP and could have a bit heavier springs put in to enjoy a diet of .45 Super, that would be an amazing option and I'd be getting one immediately. (Since I carry .45 pistols a lot).

There are a lot of people that live in non free states and if you are capacity limited in your magazine... if you are stuck with only 10 rounds or similar in your magazine, might as well have .45 instead of 9mm

I hear that and hope Ruger does offer a 45 version, I've been drooling over getting a 460Rowland conversion for my G21 for awhile now.

The main reason I have stayed away from the .460 Rowland is it pretty much requires a ported barrel which I don't want to have in a defensive pistol, vs. the .45 super just requires the correct springs / slide weight etc.

If I need more energy than the .45 Super or hot 10mm can provide, then I head over to my revolvers (also not ported), or my .50AE (also not ported).

The main reason I have stayed away from the .460 Rowland is it pretty much requires a ported barrel which I don't want to have in a defensive pistol, vs. the .45 super just requires the correct springs / slide weight etc.

If I need more energy than the .45 Super or hot 10mm can provide, then I head over to my revolvers (also not ported), or my .50AE (also not ported).

I can identify with that, my brother had a ported Glock in 10mm and fired it next to me and a friend from work running some hot buffalo bore hard cast in it.
I knew what was coming and covered my ears our bud not so much, I swear when it went off he screamed like a little girl with a spider crawling up her arm. ?