• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why we need more Primers fast!

DRT, I wonder what bullet? Most kills have the look of the light, fast, highly frangible without over-penetration.

Very cool, left a comment curious what videos cameras are being used, I’ve been thinking about a tactacam through scope 8x

DRT, I wonder what bullet? Most kills have the look of the light, fast, highly frangible without over-penetration.
Year before the shitshow we averaged 85 per pelt, we always have and always will gear our cartridge and bullet selection for the conservation of the fur. 22-250 is what we used in all of these kills, mostly 50 grain vax, or 60 grain CEB Raptor, these kills are only a fraction of what my SSD's have loaded up with footage.

Very cool, left a comment curious what videos cameras are being used, I’ve been thinking about a tactacam through scope 8x
Cameras used in these kill clips include the Canon XF305, XF705, 5D MKIV, R5, Sony PXW-X160, any particular sequences let me know I can tell you what camera was used, as well as ND filter, Aperture, Gain, and Shutter speed. Only thing I ever run on auto is focus. I have used my old 70-200 USMIII on my MKIV manually and it's a bitch on a high speed game like Coyote killing... My new Cameras the XF705 and the R5 with the new RF lenses are getting awfully amazing with what their capabilities are.

Last edited:
Reactions: E-Tool
I was at a gun show last weekend and heard a vendor say that he had heard from his supplier that there would be no primers for sale in the foreseeable future. All materials to manufacture primers are unavailable...........all available materials to manufacture primers will be used for the manufacture of ammo

I was at a gun show last weekend and heard a vendor say that he had heard from his supplier that there would be no primers for sale in the foreseeable future. All materials to manufacture primers are unavailable...........all available materials to manufacture primers will be used for the manufacture of ammo
I'm curious, what materials to make primers are unavailable?

All materials to manufacture primers are unavailable...........all available materials to manufacture primers will be used for the manufacture of ammo
This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time..........

Please apply critical thinking to what you hear

I have wacked a couple yotes with my lapua just for fun. Hit one at 80yds in the chest and appeared to exit where the rear quarter is supposed to be. Looked like a field dressed deer minus a hind leg.

My first thought was a .220 swift shooting 50gr vmaxes. No exit wound, every bit of the jacket fragmenting.

More on the primer shortage from Powder Valley

Last edited:
That's absolutely fantastic shot placement on all except for maybe 2 or 3 that looks like they hit behind the shoulder near the 7th rib-ish area.

Overall, very well done. Humane, quick.