• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Why wont Nightforce sell the 2.5-10x24 to civilian

Powerstrokediesel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
North Whitehall, Pennsylvania
I have come against a brick wall as far as my MK12 Mod1 build. I cannot get the correct scope. I just looked on the NF law/mil part of NF's website and it appears as if it is still being manufactured and available to law enforcement. Anyone know why civilians are not able to purchase it?

Re: Why wont Nightforce sell the 2.5-10x24 to civilian

As I recall there wasn't a big enough market for them (they weren't selling enough to warrant the manufacture).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ledzep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I recall there wasn't a big enough market for them (they weren't selling enough to warrant the manufacture). </div></div>

I had also thought that but if you visit their LE/ MIL area of their website sight it is pictured and described and is available for purchase. It is still made and available; just not to civilians.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Beats the hell out of me where I bought it, but there is one in my safe on a Larue AR. I'd like another one too!</span>

Bought it from Larue in 2010, don't see it on their site now.

The only reason that the 2.5-10x24 still exists is to fulfill military contracts. It is not available for commercial sale or as an option to Law Enforcement.

Sales of the 2.5-10x24 almost ceased to exist upon release of the 2.5-10x32 and the decision was made to discontinue it commercially.