• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I think if I knew my neighbor had these there would be an accidental fire...a very hot fire...and it would turn out he had a lot of thermite stored around the snakes.

----------------------------------------------

Animal control officers uncover a nest of snakes and a pool full of alligators at Thousand Oaks home

Alligators confiscated inside the home in the 1300 block of Rancho Lane, Thousand Oaks. (Gary Pentis / Ventura Co. Sheriff's Dept.)Joseph SernaContact Reporter
    Animal control officers on Thursday discovered a congregation of alligators and a nest of venomous snakes inside a Thousand Oaks home where twice in the last three years a cobra has gotten loose and terrorized neighbors, officials said.

Just eight weeks ago, the homeowner’s next-door neighbor spotted a cobra slithering onto the property. The neighbor responded by driving a car over the snake, killing it, said Don Barre, a spokeswoman for the County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control.

Investigators determined the snake had come from the home next door, where in 2014, an albino monocled cobra had escaped and eluded capture for days while keeping locals on edge. That snake ultimately was captured but not before biting a 7-year-old whippet named Teko.

Hoping to avoid another incident, animal control officers and local authorities served search warrants Thursday morning on a property in Thousand Oaks and a rural address just outside the city limits. [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.trbimg.com\/img-595e9fa4\/turbine\/la-1499373471-iuz7brqvug-snap-image\/750\/750x422"}[/IMG2]
    Containers of Mexican bearded lizards were also confiscated. (Gary Pentis / Ventura Co. Sheriff's Dept.)
    Inside a murky pool on the Thousand Oaks property, officers found eight crocodilians, each 2 to 3 feet long, Barre said. County animal control director Marcia Mayeda said they were American alligators.

Investigators had to drain the pool to see whether other predators were lurking at the bottom.
    Elsewhere on the property a nest of snakes, some venomous, were found, Barre said.

The owners have permits to possess dangerous and highly regulated reptiles, but they appeared to be in violation of the rules, authorities said.
    “It appears that, despite the multiple levels of permits, approvals, and periodic inspections required, the permit holder was housing deadly venomous snakes in an unauthorized, densely populated, residential neighborhood, and in such a manner that they posed a substantial risk to public safety,” the Department of Animal Care and Control said in a statement. View image on Twitter [IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"View image on Twitter","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"1024","title":"View image on Twitter","width":"768","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DEFJ_liVwAAvf8Y.jpg:large"}[/IMG2]

The permit holders appeared to be hobbyists, officials said. It was not immediately clear whether they would be arrested or charged with a crime

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with forcible entry to kill every single fucking piece of vermin in that house.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/amYzBQMT4VI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The snakes aren't the problem, it's the asshole that has zero respect for his neighborhood, neighbors, their safety, or their children's or pet's safety. Wow. Those can be more deadly than a firearm and cause way more suffering. And we aren't prepared for those kinds of snakes here. Without a big zoo nearby, you're probably fucked. Even then they may not have the drugs on hand.

When I installed alarms back in the day, some asshole lost a Gaboon Viper and a Black Mamba in the middle of summer... I had to crawl under houses and pull wires in that neighborhood. One was never found, another was found --you guessed it --under somebody else's house. Went to run wires in an attic once, opened the hatch and it was COVERED with snake skins. BIG snake skins. All over the rafters, joists, everywhere. Thousands of them. I'm not afraid of snakes, but I wasn't going up there. These were big skins and the only big snakes around TN/AL border that I knew of were rattlesnakes. Fuck that. Somehow the homeowner had no idea!?

Some people just don't give a fuck.

WHY? Is an excellent question. Apparently, someone doesn't have enough stupidity in their life so they have to subject the whole neighborhood to theirs. Non-native species have been wreaking havoc every where idiots introduce them.