• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wide open Trigger

Lots of YouTube shit out there showing it to run flawless. I believe fact is, it’s selective. I’ve got good shit to install the trigger. YH upper, LMT lower. I’ve invested an additional $150 to get to the point where it will give me two or three 4 round bursts. Is it fun? F Yes! Is it reliable? F No!!! I respespect the shit out of the company for their 🖕🏻 To the ATF! It is ABSOLUTELY not a machine gun. The whole premise in which it was designed and distributed is a paramount input rights to 2A. Buy it and enjoy what it provides, don’t trust your life to it.

Need some help here...put in the WOT, an M16 bolt carrier group and an H3 buffer. Went to test fire and I'm getting anywhere from a double tap to a 4-round burst, then the trigger is dead. Turns out with each burst, the last round to fire is properly ejected, but the subsequent round from the magazine isnt feeding in. This happened every time I fired, again, getting anywhere from 2 to 4 shots off before it would occur. Any ideas as to the problem? I'm shooting .223 and using PMags.

Need some help here...put in the WOT, an M16 bolt carrier group and an H3 buffer. Went to test fire and I'm getting anywhere from a double tap to a 4-round burst, then the trigger is dead. Turns out with each burst, the last round to fire is properly ejected, but the subsequent round from the magazine isnt feeding in. This happened every time I fired, again, getting anywhere from 2 to 4 shots off before it would occur. Any ideas as to the problem? I'm shooting .223 and using PMags.
The problem is that you installed a range toy designed to poke the ATF bear instead of installing a trigger that you can bet your life on.

Ah, well that helps....not.
Call Wicked Weaponry in NH 603-232-0621. Ben, the owner can bump fire anything semiauto from normal presentation. He should be able to tell you what to change to make the WOT work.

You could also install a Geissele S3G trigger and learn how to ride that in bump fire mode. It's a single stage trigger with a very short reset. A loose pull with your finger will make it go brrrrt. If you pull it through the break against the stop, it acts like a regular single stage trigger. And you will never have to worry about a dead trigger.

ETA: I do understand the difference between bump firing and forced reset. However, both depend on a dynamic interaction with your trigger finger.

A third option would be to learn how to shoot fast with any gun.

Mojo explains the whole process well. The key is training your finger to move deliberately fast with immediate reset.

Last edited:

Nice try fed. Your friends at the aft should be able to help you with your chinesium toy trigger. Glow on some where else.

• Love
Reactions: Bender
Just guessing.. but I'd say lighter sprint, lighter tube, or tighter hold to your shoulder.
Ok thanks for the input. I had an H1 buffer in it and it was too light to run the trigger, so that's why I went with the H3 (as was the recommendation from the WOT guys). I'll try a tighter shoulder hold, some different ammo and maybe a different magazine too.

The problem is that you installed a range toy designed to poke the ATF bear instead of installing a trigger that you can bet your life on.
He's right.
Ah, well that helps....not.
Try a lighter spring or lighten up on how hard you're gripping the trigger.

IMO this is why these triggers are shit, they're not reliable, at all.

He's right.

Try a lighter spring or lighten up on how hard you're gripping the trigger.

IMO this is why these triggers are shit, they're not reliable, at all.
10-4...well this is exactly that for me, a range toy. I don't use my AR for home defense and don't compete with it in 2 gun competition, so if the WOT doesn't work as advertised I guess I'll chalk it up to a waste of time and money.

Failure to load a round isn't from trigger pressure. It's a cycle issue. You could also try adjustable gas block swap out.

Nice thing about the triggers is that they swap in and out pretty shit simple. Got some extra .223 you wanna waste (although I am happy to provide my address for any you just wanna throw over the hill or try to run through these shit triggers), then they are a good time. As for reliability, repeatability, plus lack of a three position. Not very practicable. IMO save the $350 and invest in a Triggertech AR Diamond.

I played with the rare breed when it was released, flaws were obvious, sold it for $200 more than I paid for it, went back to my trusty Geiselle.

It's a neat concept but needs refining. Needs to be a select fire option, IE safe / semi / forced reset

They need to find a way to make it more reliable. If you pin the trigger you can induce a stoppage with a live round in the chamber but a trigger that has failed to reset.

Do that and I'd pay double tomorrow.
so, you had a problem with the Rare Breed? I tried three and ran flawlessly.

Just got the WOT, seems to work. I would say the Rare Breed was easier to get to single shot. The WOT will repeat the second shot unless you fine tune your finger. :cool:

We have a few of the WOT available with small 'hide discount if you want to give it a try. I think everyone should try one or the other.

Reactions: Ak4142
Well that sucks.

Fuck.

Joe.

Biden.

….and all his hack political appointees in charge of all the alphabet agencies. Damn, I was a federal employee for 28+ years (32 if you count my time at the Academy after I enlisted, and before I went Mustang), but I’m ashamed for anyone still in who forgets their oath and goes along with this bullshit.

Very frustrating.

On the other hand, I did find an appropriate lower receiver to go along with a potential Rare Breed trigger purchase:

i-GmzWwhG.jpg

…all I need now is a pistol brace and we’ll call it a trifecta! LOL

So what’s the difference between this and the Rare Breed version?

Looks like maybe a steel vs aluminum housing…and $5 cheaper if you get the lifetime warranty. For whatever that’s worth…
I fired them both and could not tell them apart from firing.

Wonder if it being loose prevents it from running properly. It's odd there are no tensioning set screws and it relies solely on trigger pins with locking bars. Expecting to play with one Monday. Will be going in a Radian lower. If it fits sloppy and wobbles, not even going to shoot it. Just sending it back for a refund. No excuse for a trigger of that price.
I spoke to WOT. It wobbles by design. Before you say is does not work, use it in a 5.56.

Ok, so today I installed a Rare Breed. Same shit! One three round burst then nothing. Single shot. This is with a LMT lower and a Yankee Hill 14” upper. Beginning to think this is all a bunch of internet hysteria, cause I can’t get my shit to run either I one of these POS.
What caliber is your weapon and what weight buffer?

Well... they declared rubber bands = machine guns in ~ 2018 so what's the likely prognosis for this puppy?
Hell, the dog killers at the BATFE went door knocking over a plastic picture hanger. Screw those idiots. When yours arrives bitch about it never arriving but dont ask for a refund.....contact your local post office....that will leave a never recieved record and then you can tell the jackboots to go fuck themselves

Ordered an H 3 buffer tonight. No light primer strikes. Thanks for the input!
My son tried using an H2 buffer then went the H3 route and his too then worked great. I even managed to get his FN to run at a REALLY fun cyclic rate using Barnaul steel cased ammo. Fun but damned expensive fun when you figure $300 for the trigger and GOD knows what for the ammo

Did you do any troubleshooting with your buffer?
Miculec has his name on an adjustable buffer that uses magnets and can be adjusted with a regular ole flat screwdriver. Big Daddy is currently selling em for $79. Looks like a decent product

Uhhmmmmmm.........does everyone but me get their ammo for free? Why pay $300 for a trigger that will most definitely give you at best a 3 foot of angle group? I will stick with my RISE Blitz and the Timney I already have in my M4s thanks.........at least until the magic anti inflation angel appears and $100 per 500 round ammo appears again.

Uhhmmmmmm.........does everyone but me get their ammo for free? Why pay $300 for a trigger that will most definitely give you at best a 3 foot of angle group? I will stick with my RISE Blitz and the Timney I already have in my M4s thanks.........at least until the magic anti inflation angel appears and $100 per 500 round ammo appears again.
A buddy has a Franklin Armory binary and can double tap 8" steel at 100 yds. Its much smoother than a stock AR, cant speak for the M4.