• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wifama wz 78

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
I started shooting in a .22 "mini Palma " match a few months ago. This led me to go through the safe and get all my .22 rifle out and have a look at them. I haven't shot this Wifama yet, but here it is...

t69LOqf.jpg

QhLQLsF.jpg

NEFGwVq.jpg

I was digging around in my miscellaneous gun stuff and found this old scope. A few years ago I bought a K31 with a Swiss Products scope mount and an old Tasco 6-24 scope on it.
bzPfznW.jpg

2IncafV.jpg

I was not much interested in the scope, so I dismounted the scope and mount and threw it in a box. I rediscovered the set up and found that the rings slid right on the Wifama. It is a crappy Tasco, but it was one of the older ones made in Taiwan instead of China, so there maybe hope. :)

gnQTH4R.jpg

Will try to get to the range soon and post a range report.

I think you are going to be very pleased. Mine is extremely accurate. It is deadly with CB cabs to 40 yards if you hold for the range and elevation (shooting up in trees) changes. I have taken many tree rats with mine.

Reactions: Calfed
Very cool setup. I shoot mini palma in upstate NY.

Mike
What do you shoot in that Mini Palma?

I've been shooting my Winchester 52's (we alternate between 100 and 50 yards each week) I use my Winchester 52D @ 100 and my 52B @ 50.

K7iH7yy.jpg

UxcLvvm.jpg

I use an Anschutz 1416 (64 action) with a Sightron Siii, 10-50 I stole from my son. If I locate a pic I'll post it.
Do you shoot slung, I actually shoot FT/R from a bi-pod and rear rest. It's a mix of shooters, slung iron sights to F-class, front rest and rear bag.

Mike

I use an Anschutz 1416 (64 action) with a Sightron Siii, 10-50 I stole from my son. If I locate a pic I'll post it.
Do you shoot slung, I actually shoot FT/R from a bi-pod and rear rest. It's a mix of shooters, slung iron sights to F-class, front rest and rear bag.

Mike
We shoot off the bench.

I went to the range this morning to shoot the weekly .22 match. Today it was a 50yard match.

After the match, I shot various brands of .22 ammunition through the Wifama. I was pleasantly surprised at how it shot, especially with the RWS R50.

Nothing shot badly. Five shot groups at 50 yards ranged from .910" with Norma Tac-22 to .410" with the RWS R50

RsRKyy2.jpg

After determining that the Wifama liked the RWS best, I shot a 5 shot group on the same target we use for the 50 yard match with the R50....280"

tkptgH2.jpg