• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wife hates this site

My wife absolutely hates snipers hide. She hates that I read it all the time. I hear complaints about it everyday.

I'll plus 1 on the wife hating this site and all other gun forms I read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

she doesnt care about motiv thread(she thinks she still got it) she hate it because she thinks im buying something when im here..which half of the time TRUE:)

mine hates this site because she thinks the motivational thread is going to give our computer viruses

My wife thinks its stupid and all the humor on it is stupid. She thinks all the photos are fake too. She thinks I'm wasting my time reading about the skills. She doesn't like the way Lowlight talks on his videos. She thinks we're all thieves.

Meanwhile, she's addicted to the "Real housewives," and all that psycho drama bullshit on television, as if its reality television.

So, I feel ya brothers.

I'm right there with y'all. She always asks why I'm always reading this. What are you buying? You shouldn't be talking to strangers on the Internet. You're gonna get in trouble for selling that to someone on the Internet. It just keeps on going....

My wife doesnt care, she just wishes I wouldnt spend so much time on here and she really rolls her eyes when I see a new rifle and I say "I have to get one"! LOL

Thankfully my 2cnd wife understands that men and women think entirely different! She accepts who and what I am and I return the courtesy. She likes me to go shooting, spend time on the Hide and other shooting websites and wants me to get good equipment for myself that I'll be happy with. What I'm saying is she knows what I like and truly cares that I'm happy! I made one of the best decisions of my life marrying her!

That being said my first wife was one mean and vindictive person when she didn't get her way, extreme narcissism mildly describes her! I'm amazed that all three kids turned out to be exceptional persons, seriously.

Last edited:
my wife likes the site. i even occasionally send her links to funny stuff. She doenst really understand/care about all the gun talk BS, but she knows i like it. Although i do use the site as a reminder that i dont care about her BS either. She will start talking about some couch, or a neat cooking site and i listen to her politely for a few minutes. Once she passes the 5 minute mark my patience wears thin. Then i say something like "today on snipershide i read..." and then she looks at me and laughs. Smiles , says point taken, and stfu about whatever woman thing she was explaining :)

good woman, 20 years and still counting.

she doesnt care about motiv thread(she thinks she still got it) she hate it because she thinks im buying something when im here..which half of the time TRUE:)
Simply solution, hide a little bit of money each week after awhile you will have enough to buy what you want with out affecting the bank account or credit cards. And what she does not know will not hurt you. And it is always good to have cash on hand.

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck what wives think? It's like a cows opinion, a moo point, remember that one? But really. If your wife hates it you're on the right track. Or let her slowly drain all signs of life from u? Tell her to suck it.

Once a month she comes in a shows me my CC statements, then proceeds to tell me that I haven't even shot the rifles I bought the month before. It's a process, I just have to let her believe she is in charge.

Thankfully my wife knew about the gun find prior to getting hitched. She knows that is my addiction and has accepted it well, along with the hunting from Sept 1 - end of January. As she says, it is what I do. Now that my boys are getting older they want to get trigger time as often as possible.

I don't know what ya'll are complaining about. My Lady has no issue with me reading the 'Hide and whatnot. Not only does she shoot too, and has her own 'selection' but she's a member here too. And yeah, she too is very often reading, learning, and laughing.

Don't need a hidden account here. What we do need though, are bigger accounts. Either that, or stop being responsible and quit paying bills and such..... for the greater good. Right?

Disability income is quite limiting.

too bad, so sad.
My wife isn't interested in SH one way or the other, however,
She shoots,
She carries,
She knows the jargon and nomenclature,
She has never once asked me "why?"
When I go hunting, she goes too, and not just to cook.
I am lucky to have her, and I wouldn't be in any other kind of relationship.
40 years next spring.

My wife is going that way. I am making headway. She is starting to cross to the dark side. I have had her out shooting several times. Even had her ringing steel at 760 yds with "her" 223 (wink).

I don't know what ya'll are complaining about. My Lady has no issue with me reading the 'Hide and whatnot. Not only does she shoot too, and has her own 'selection' but she's a member here too. And yeah, she too is very often reading, learning, and laughing.

Don't need a hidden account here. What we do need though, are bigger accounts. Either that, or stop being responsible and quit paying bills and such..... for the greater good. Right?

Yeah, I figured simple math wasn't your strong point, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Anyways, the answer is 7 years not living with my parents. Happiest times of my life started after leaving that hellhole!

Last edited:
Mine bitches about the guns so I bought her a BIG ASS diamond ring and that shut her right up. I have not heard a word since.

Rewarding bad behavior in my opinion. How many more diamonds will be needed? I know what marriage is about but I would rather get taken for half of my shit than justify a rifle. Give me liberty or give me divorce/death. Also, who tells their wife what they buy? Oh shit she's comin, gotta go. She will kill me. Gotta go! That's all for now! Haha. Sad

I agree, it is sad. But it sure is peaceful and when the wife is happy, she does things to me that I really like and that has nothing to do with guns. I never tell her what I buy or how much it costs but she finds it eventually and unfortunately, she isn't stupid.

I cant take the cash to my grave but a little rock here and there sure makes my life on earth more enjoyable and that is worth every cent.

Trust me, I have been divorced before and getting taken for half your shit is pretty painful.

Glad to see at least one other member with a wife like mine.
Mine Shoots,
Mine Carries,
and she buys me guns for christmas and my Birthday. Married 25 years.
She has no issues with me on the net. Guess that Kind of explains my nickname.
"Lucky"

Mine used to bitch and moan until her friend had her door kicked in by a guy on bath salts, half naked screaming at the top of his lungs. Luckily she has two large dogs which luckily scared the guy away after some back and forth yelling. Now all of a sudden both bitches want to learn how to shoot and have their own guns. I tell her this site is all about safety with firearms so she is more than happy to see me on it......Little does she know there is this section called "group buy".....

I think more and more women are getting into shooting for recreation, sport, and defense. I also think it is very important that this happens when considering the political environment we now live in. The more the better. As for wives not liking this site well that can be tough to deal with... I don't post to often but I read a ton on here. I haven't really mentioned this site to her, probably best to let sleeping dog lie if you know what I mean lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I can't say enough about my wife. Before we got married, she would tell me "you're grumpy, you need to go shoot" I thought that was the greatest thing until she started coming with me. Now I don't go shooting without her if I can help it. Really boosted the relationship. Since I'm overseas, she goes to swap meets and picks up guns for herself and she skyped me one early morning, knowing she would have to talk to a grumpy husband, to tell me she was in a gun store and found Varget for 25 bucks! I love her so much! I truly am blessed to have her as my wife and best friend.

My wife doesn't care about the time I spend at the range, the time I spent in the reloading bucker, or the time spent on gun forums. We don't have kids, the bills get paid, money goes into savings, the freezer and pantry are full, the dog gets walked, I quiet drinking, chewing, and smoking (Amazing how fast the gun fund grows when not buying that stuff daily/weekly)

mrs. bungle does not mind this site a bit. she thinks me learning to shoot better will help her shoot better and since i won the raffle yesterday on here , she really likes this site!

my wife pretty much supports me in anything i want to do. god bless her and how i love her!

My wife just wants me to be happy. Never says anything about what I do. She does have limits though which I would never cross. I'm the same way with her. Very few major arguments over the 20 years. She's simply awesome.

Been married almost 30 years. My wife can tell you what a GAP rifle looks like, and the joy of watching me unwrap a new McMillan stock. She is a keeper!

She saw my son and I have a ball when our toys came in from the LongRifles Group buy....If she would only learn to reload she would be perfect...until then I am madly in love with her.

Yep

Last edited: