• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Wilcox MRF Xe

Smokin’ unit! Beats the tar outta the AB Raptar. So much smaller, much better LRF performance in austere conditions, faster, just a well-sorted piece of kit. Shot with mine all last week and compared directly with my Raptar-S. One night last week we had a downpour and the Raptar wouldn’t range, but the MRF had no problem returning an accurate value. Seamless Bluetooth link to a Kestrel 5700X too!

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5191.jpeg

How does this compare to the MARS Lc?
The MRF and MARS perform basically identical and have the same laser modules in them. If you’re familiar with the Raptar-S, the MRF is like slipping into a new suit of clothes from the same designer. The MRF has a slightly shorter vertical profile, so it’s better suited to mounting directly on a handrail in front of an optic. The MARS is slightly shorter front-to-back and has a bigger display. They both have full Applied Ballistics and support iBEAM / TracIR. If both were sitting in front of me and I had to choose one, I’d probably opt for the MARS, by a nose. Otherwise, it’s really a coin toss and I’d probably go with price and availability. Right now the MRF is available and you can have one on your gun by tomorrow.

One more very minor consideration is that Wilcox (MRF) is a long-established company and Envision (MARS) is the New Kid on the Block, so that could be a minor factor to some. But the founder of Envision is the former founder/owner of Insight, which was bought by L3 some years back for like $600,000,000, so I doubt Envision has to worry about capital.

The MRF and MARS perform basically identical and have the same laser modules in them. If you’re familiar with the Raptar-S, the MRF is like slipping into a new suit of clothes from the same designer. The MRF has a slightly shorter vertical profile, so it’s better suited to mounting directly on a handrail in front of an optic. The MARS is slightly shorter front-to-back and has a bigger display. They both have full Applied Ballistics and support iBEAM / TracIR. If both were sitting in front of me and I had to choose one, I’d probably opt for the MARS, by a nose. Otherwise, it’s really a coin toss and I’d probably go with price and availability. Right now the MRF is available and you can have one on your gun by tomorrow.

One more very minor consideration is that Wilcox (MRF) is a long-established company and Envision (MARS) is the New Kid on the Block, so that could be a minor factor to some. But the founder of Envision is the former founder/owner of Insight, which was bought by L3 some years back for like $600,000,000, so I doubt Envision has to worry about capital.
That’s fantastic to hear, now to just find an extra 10K lying around to buy one haha

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta