• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Wilcox Raid mrf Xe info

Current product on Wilcox site.
$7-8K at release.

Does it have an ballistics / tracir ??

@SkyScrapin

technical sheet says

"The MRF Xe can be paired with various sighting products on the market providing a ballistic solution to a device that can disturb the reticle for faster engagements and maximized lethality"

"On-board ballistic computer calculates temperature, pressure, humidity, inclination, cant and heading"

since it has the proprietary output connector i dont see how the existing tracir cables will work. there must be a new one or a bluetooth adapter?

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
ballistic solution to a device that can disturb the reticle
84E1BE07-94A3-4F59-9406-C2E56D88101A.gif

Considering it’s basically a shrunken raptar S I’m surprised it’a not more. The class 1 s models still go for $6-7k right?
Considering this tech isn’t new and as been scaled down for decades now and paid for itself 3x over there’s no reason to charge that much anymore. I mean I get it. Not a lot of competition so they can charge whatever they want.

Has no IR stuff. Just LRF with coaligned VIS laser.

Just got an email from Wilcox a few days ago that they "should be available Q1 of 2022"

Reactions: 96C
Just got an email from Wilcox a few days ago that they "should be available Q1 of 2022"

They have exceeded the Raid Xe production release date already. Expect the same for the MRF Xe.

There are competitive products on the horizon that will be released before this one :)

They have exceeded the Raid Xe production release date already. Expect the same for the MRF Xe.

There are competitive products on the horizon that will be released before this one :)

Very keen to hear what you've got on the way!
Currently waiting on pricing for a MRF from our distributor... If there are other, suitable options, very keen.

I’m assuming that this mrf can be paired to a Kestrel? This mrf seems to only do ranging.

I don’t know if this company is legit, but was gonna give them a call tomorrow to get more info… https://blackphasetactical.com/products/wilcox-mrf-xe1 . Also gonna try and call Wilcoxind too. I’m in the market for a raptar s e/s. When I ran into this mrf in the Wilcox 2021 catalog https://www.wilcoxind.com/news/2021-product-catalog.
Yeah Cory is legit at Black Phase. Don't know how real the product is yet though, with what seems to be just a lot of renderings. Def need creds to get the high power stuff through him though.

You've got to be shitting me on an almost 8k price tag for a gun mounted LRF with no fullpower IR features.

Well it is Wilcox.

I just can't see more than 2500 worth of features in this thing. Basically anyone who makes a mount to get a LRF onto a 1913 rail with Bluetooth in it has the same damn thing.

Is a FP RAPTAR worth 50k now?
So do you think a raptar s is more worth while getting then this MRF?

So do you think a raptar s is more worth while getting then this MRF?

From a LRF standpoint, yes. If you're looking for a weapon mounted range finder that you can activate while still on the gun, its literally the exact same thing and just smaller. Is that size worth a 5-6k premium? Not to me by a long run.

The daytime lasers and shit on the Raid are the same useless doo dads as on the RAPTAR. The only useful things different versions of the RAPTAR offer are the ballistics suit version (not remotely worth the cost) and the full power version with the LRF, which seems to be the only thing that actually puts together a complete package.

But if you plan to only shoot during the day, I see zero benefit to the RAID over the RAPTAR.

Reactions: Rhed
From a LRF standpoint, yes. If you're looking for a weapon mounted range finder that you can activate while still on the gun, its literally the exact same thing and just smaller. Is that size worth a 5-6k premium? Not to me by a long run.

The daytime lasers and shit on the Raid are the same useless doo dads as on the RAPTAR. The only useful things different versions of the RAPTAR offer are the ballistics suit version (not remotely worth the cost) and the full power version with the LRF, which seems to be the only thing that actually puts together a complete package.

But if you plan to only shoot during the day, I see zero benefit to the RAID over the RAPTAR.
Thanks.. well said. I’m assuming getting a brand new HP Raptar s impossible also. As I’ve search everywhere, with the exception of being LE or Military.

Thanks.. well said. I’m assuming getting a brand new HP Raptar s impossible also. As I’ve search everywhere, with the exception of being LE or Military.

Secondary market will be the only way and they have appreciated a lot lately.

Even if you do not need NV features (which the RAID doesnt give you either, for 8k) the RAPTAR without it, is literally a larger RAID. Oh look theres 5 different daytime laser settings! What? Why? What are you doing with those outside of hoping to zero the unit once?

I can see how the size of the unit can matter when integrated with a RDS like Wilcox offers as a 'all in one system' but for a pure LRF, it will probably be going on a bolt gun/DMR where it really won't matter at all.

Reactions: Rhed and rlsmith1
Thanks.. well said again. For me, my interest in getting a raptar is eventually going into night hunting. But for now, it will be strictly for day use at the range out to 1500 with unknown distances. I wanna get use to this unit first before I get into the NV stuffs.

Thanks.. well said again. For me, my interest in getting a raptar is eventually going into night hunting. But for now, it will be strictly for day use at the range out to 1500 with unknown distances. I wanna get use to this unit first before I get into the NV stuffs.

If its sighted in/slaved to the 'aiming point' on your reticle, it'll work at night too obviously. Again, zero difference between the RAID in this aspect.

This is where a FP unit shines as its an all in one unit to see bullet trace in the dark as well as designate things/targets/locations with an IR laser if working with a spotter or others that are using night vision.

When we'd shoot at night, we didn't leave anything FP on long (if at all) and referenced our ballistic data for the gun/current DA/clip on offsets via a glow in the dark armboard.

I'm surprised we don't see more companies delving into the realm of compact LRF units, now that there are more reasons than ever to have them for unknown distance shooting.

Ah, I thought you were just looking for an unlocked. I see now you are looking for an S.

We had an S in our squad at GTI and it was so damn slow, didn’t even use the ballistic solver, just used it to range and had hard dope on a wrist coach

There are two settings on the Rap-S. One speeds things up considerably.

That said, even on the slow setting it only takes ~1.5 seconds to report the full solution. Maybe you were using an early model?

Bluetooth slaving to a Kestrel can also slow things down a bit as well.

So I wanna ask something. Little off topic. Well, since we’re talking Wilcox LRF. With Raptar, once co aligned with one rifle. I’m assuming if you want to use it on other rifle. One must redo course and fine tuning alignment on 2nd rifle, and third, and so on. So if you want to use it on previous rifles that was set with the Raptar, I’d have to do the whole co alignment thing again? Or this Raptar is just dedicated to one rifle?

In 99% of circumstances yes you’d have to “re zero”.
Aw shit! Well that’s a deal breaker right there. I have multiple guns. And having to re-zero again for each at 100 meters then fine tune at 800 meters is kind of a pain no? Wow! I had the opportunity to pick up a brand new HP S coming Monday since I’m military. I think I’m gonna back out on the purchase. And look into a AXSR instead.

Not really. Just depends on the setups. It probably will be close. But an AXSR ain’t a bad buy. 🤷‍♂️

Aw shit! Well that’s a deal breaker right there. I have multiple guns. And having to re-zero again for each at 100 meters then fine tune at 800 meters is kind of a pain no? Wow! I had the opportunity to pick up a brand new HP S coming Monday since I’m military. I think I’m gonna back out on the purchase. And look into a AXSR instead.
It involves zero shots fired. It’s really a very quick rezeroing process to stack the aiming laser over the center of your scope’s reticle.

Reactions: deersniper
Yea but, say I plan on a hunting trip, and I want to take another rifle which doesn’t have the LRF on it. Do I have to go to the range for 100 meter then 800 calibration again for the switch?