• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilcox Raptar ES error code help

tkp401119

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2012
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0446.jpeg
I got this unit from the group buy awhile back. The range finder has worked fine until recently when it will give me an “Err 1” code about half the time when I’m ranging. I can’t figure out what that means. Does anyone have a reference for what that means? I’ve tried changing batteries and cleaning lenses. Thanks.

View attachment 8378160View attachment 8378161I got this unit from the group buy awhile back. The range finder has worked fine until recently when it will give me an “Err 1” code about half the time when I’m ranging. I can’t figure out what that means. Does anyone have a reference for what that means? I’ve tried changing batteries and cleaning lenses. Thanks.
From the manual

Err1 means - No target has been detected by the Laser Range Finder
Solution - Ensure that the lens/Laser Covers have been removed. Ensure that the Laser Range Finder is aimed at a target and that it is within range specifications.

From the manual

Err1 means - No target has been detected by the Laser Range Finder
Solution - Ensure that the lens/Laser Covers have been removed. Ensure that the Laser Range Finder is aimed at a target and that it is within range specifications.
Any ideas why this would happen every other time I range with it? I’ve tried various distances, days, and conditions while stable. Thanks for the manual info…I couldn’t find that for some reason.

Any ideas why this would happen every other time I range with it? I’ve tried various distances, days, and conditions while stable. Thanks for the manual info…I couldn’t find that for some reason.
It has happened to me a couple of times.

Once due to the cover and once when I was ranging a water tower that was too far away.

Does it still happen if you're pointing at a known distance target (100 yd)?

I have electronic copies of all of the manuals posted on p1 of the resources part of this forum. Got tired of the little tiny ones that came with the RAPTAR.

This is the link. Scroll down and you'll see the thread. You should be able to download them.

Reactions: tkp401119
I’ve mainly been troubleshooting at the 100y and 200y range with a large plywood target or landscape. It worked fine for like 2 years but this season has given me trouble. No windshield on the jeep 🤘

Reactions: JBoomhauer