• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wildcat precision rifles let's see 'em!!!!

264highlandhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Pocatello, ID
I'm probably (someday) gonna put together a precision gun in .256 Newton and it makes me wonder what other wildcat sharpshooters are out there. So let's see some pics and specs of your oddballs. Heck even if your guns just an idea still, tell us about it.

Re: Wildcat precision rifles let's see 'em!!!!

6.5-06 or the old 256 newton. Done on a Mauser action.
IMG_0801.jpg

"The .256 Newton is a high-velocity rimless cartridge and was developed by Charles Newton in 1913 in conjunction with the Western Cartridge Company. It is a 6.5/06 (a .30-06 Springfield cartridge, shortened[1] and necked down to 6.5mm) with a different shoulder angle."

Essentially they are the same. I push the 130 norma bullets at 3260fps. I also use 25/06 brass and imr 4350 out of a 26" 1-8 twist barrel.

Close yes, but not the same. The newton is about.050 shorter and has a 23 degree shoulder angle as opposed to 17 degrees for the '06. So nowhere near interchangeable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5-06 or the old 256 newton. Done on a Mauser action.
IMG_0801.jpg
</div></div> Love it! What stock is this?

If you consider an Ackley a wildcat then here's my 7mm-08 improved. Only pic have.
tn1.jpg

Mike has built me 3 rifles and i can not say enough about his workmanship, it's exceptional. This was the last and it was a walking varmint rifle. It was a pleasure dealing with him and will for sure build some more rifles in the future for me. It is a model 7 Remington he trued up, brux #3 barrel with a 12 twist chambered in 22-250 at 20 inches. His Timney trigger, pic rail, Seekins rings, PTG bottom metal and a McMillan hunter edge light weight stock. All metal done in black cerakote. Only worked up a load with 1 powder and settled on H380 at 38 gr. with a Berger 60 gr. in the lands on prepped Lapua brass. First 3 down are 3 shot groups and the 4th is a 5 shot. 3rd one down i blew when a guy next to me started dumping 30 round mags out his AR pistol. I had to wait till his fun was over to start shooting again.
DSC09693.jpg

MCR 7mm Dakota

Did I screw this up or are we talking Wildcat cartridges???

10021.jpg

I screwed up when posting my rifle thinking the title was for Wildcall rifles. No wild cat their.

009.jpg

338-06AI
Rem 700 L/A trued and blueprinted
A&B Barrel 1/10 twist M40 contour 25"
Badger oversized recoil lug
Badger M5 DBM
Badger 30MOA Base
Manners T4 Stock

2012-02-07_21-33-49_568.jpg

Shooting 250SMK's