• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilder Tactical: Hand-Rolled Kydex

Graham

Generalissimo
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
Michigan
Cigar companies often host events which feature a guest master roller who will make a cigar for you while you wait. Josh Vanheusen, the principal of Wilder Tactical, is at Rifles Only this weekend doing the same kind of thing with Kydex holsters.

For those of you who are coming to the Bushnell Brawl, Josh will make a custom Kydex holster for you, using your own gun for the imprint, for the same price as he charges for his standard holsters.

Josh was a medic (18D) with the First Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. He served two tours in Iraq with Alpha Company, First Platoon, First Ranger Battalion. He later worked overseas as a medical officer for SOC.

In his downtime he began developing, testing and producing kydex holsters and ancillary equipment (like his CAT tourniquet holder) which he designed, then made by hand, to meet the specific requirements of the people with whom he worked.

Today his holsters are used all over the world by people whose job requires them to properly conceal a full size duty pistol. He still makes his holsters by hand, one at a time.

Some of you know that I prefer leather to Kydex, but most of you have seen me post recommendations for Josh's holsters from time to time here on the Hide. I have been using one of Josh's original inside the waistband holsters for about a year now, to carry a full size pistol. It is hands-down the most comfortable, well thought-out Kydex holster I have ever used.

Here is Josh's travelling setup, now out of the Conex box:
ehepu8ub.jpg

Holsters in progress:
u2eserud.jpg

Setup for a Molle Battle belt:
ehuhuny9.jpg

Various designs in progress:
9a6ezega.jpg

Skeletonized:
uja3avu4.jpg

My personal favorite:
jesypepy.jpg

Josh at work:
jadase9a.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome holsters. I'm not much of Kydex person either; but, after seeing Josh's attention to detail, I now own 2 of his holsters.