• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Will a 20 inch AAC-SD and a Manners 90% carbon MCS-T w/mini chasis be too front heavy?

honeybadger65

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Will a 20 inch AAC-SD and a Manners 90% carbon MCS-T w/mini chasis be too front heavy?

I would be likely putting a Vortex PST 4-16x50 on top and the primary purpose of this rifle would be hunting.

My main concern is that by trying to shed a pound or so by going with a lighter stock is that my rifle would be extremely front heavy, especially with a AAC brake and a suppressor.

I guess I am trying to decide on if I should go with a 16.5 inch version instead to save the weight.

-HB65

Not really. I tried my 26" varmint contour barrel in one of there 100% carbon eh1s and I thought it still balanced nice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Loosing 10% of weight means that center of mass will move (roughly) 5% of lenght of the rifle to the front.
5% of 90 cm is 4.5cm. You will cover part of this shift by adding the weight of the scope (2 lbs) to the system.
so i'd say your center of mass will shift ~1 inch forward.

will it make your rifle too front heavy? Idk. But it was already front heavy in my opinion. And if i were you i'd better go 16.5" way.

On a side note. I'm not sure a PST would be the best choice for a hunting rifle. I have one and they're great scopes, but they're geared more toward tactical applications. The reticle specifically. Vortex offers some great scopes for hunting applications. The HS and HS-T comes to mind.