• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will a 243win feed from long action AI mags?

Vereor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
Title says it all. Is it possible to use LA AI mags to feed a 243Win?

Re: Will a 243win feed from long action AI mags?

Why would you need to?

no.

can you not use an AICS mag AW mag or mk1 AE mag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: misterp36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no.</div></div>

Based on what?

The answer is yes you can, but why would you?

Thanks for the info guys. The reason is I have a spare gun with a Micky stock that is a LA and am thinking that it would make a fun toy. However I am only interested in the 243win.

If it can be used, do the mags need any modifications?

What was the LA prior? Might have a bolt face problem if it was other than a 30-06.

Lol.. It was a 30/06.

the rounds would quickly get damaged, banging around in the wrong sized mag!

if you were to try it i think you would need a spacer of some kind and you may need to bend the lips

Rob, I have that about that, however commonality with other guns has me wanting to stay with the 243.

Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: misterp36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rounds would quickly get damaged, banging around in the wrong sized mag!

if you were to try it i think you would need a spacer of some kind and you may need to bend the lips</div></div>

The point was that it *could* be done, i.e. there is nothing to stop it however it is far from being ideal and the rounds will slip forward however physically it can be done.