• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

will a big bullet maker ever produce a .408 projo

Magnumslice

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2012
GA
been looking into calibers for my next rifle . mostly 338 lapua,375 cheytac and 408 cheytac .Im not worried about ammo price as long the cheytac doesnt reach 100$ abox right now i see its about 40-60$. but im looking into bullet selection and barrel life mostly . you cant never tell when one of these small companies will close shop and your out of a bullet for your rifle .Im thinking of going with the lapua and waiting till something for the 408 cheytac id like to see like a 400 gr amax, 400 gr ttsx or accubond but i think that is very unlikely . that even one of those will be made in a 350gr 375 . the lapua has a 300 gr accubond coming out soon 4/?/12 what i seen . i know the 375 Ct has a advantage over the 408 but im not really concerned that im capable of getting any of those benefits . plus is the 375 really king of the hill considering Gs custom 1100gr 40 cal projo for the 50-20mm rifle suppose to have a bc of 1.850 or something like that ? . not really interested in the best but being close enough and still being proven and reliable . if i do a cheytac im going with bats model L 10" action 2.0" diameter . left hand .im a lefty never owned a purpolsy built or even factory made left hand rifle