• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will a POF 308 upper work on a DPMS 308 lower?

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
I am looking at buying another upper for my DPMS. I've been hearing so many good things about the POF 308's that I'd like to try one, but buying a whole new rifle just doesn't make sense right now. I've got a heavy 20" now and I'd like to get a 16" from POF.

Any other piston uppers out there that fit on a DPMS? I need something lightweight for the mountains. Running suppressed, pushing 175's with a DA of around 8k, looking for solid 800 yard performance. $$$ is tight, so don't tell me to just buy a DTA!

Re: Will a POF 308 upper work on a DPMS 308 lower?

POF uses smaller pins so you would need to open those up on the POR upper. Otherwise I believe they will work.

No it wont work, but a dpms upper will fit on a pof lower with some shins for the take down pins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No it wont work, but a dpms upper will fit on a pof lower with some shins for the take down pins. </div></div>

^^This^^

If you want a POF upper...get a POF complete rifle or trade/sell off your DPMS lower for a POF lower and build away.

WinMagFrog...if I were you, I would do what ORD has suggested in the post above mine. Save your cash and get a complete POF.

I had always wanted a DMPS-SASS LR-308 but I decided to spend a little extra and get the POF*USA P-308. It was a decision I haven't yet and doubt I will ever regret.

As others have said; cry once, pay once...and get a POF.
wink.gif