• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will a Rem 710 mag fit a Rem 700 action?

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
I'm working on a project that's based on using a 700 BDL magazine for a 30-06. The local place has a pair of 710 mags for 30-06 at 15 bucks each. Will they fit a Rem 700?

I don't think they will, but before I write off the cheap mags, I figured I'd ask the guys here who might have one.

Re: Will a Rem 710 mag fit a Rem 700 action?

Im almost positive they wont fit without modification or else everyone would have been doing this already...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im almost positive they wont fit without modification or else everyone would have been doing this already... </div></div>

Yeah, that was what I figured too, but thought I'd ask. This guy can be a real asshole sometimes, but once in a while he puts something on the shelf at the wrong price and doesn't know any better. When that happens I pick it up, say "yeah, I guess that's fair, beats waiting in the mail to save 4 bucks and take all of them."

That's what I did for the last 3 lbs of 4831sc he had that I nabbed for 20 bucks a pound.

20 a pound??? lucky guy... stuff is expensive here and selection sucks right now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chriso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20 a pound??? lucky guy... stuff is expensive here and selection sucks right now... </div></div>

Exactly why I jumped on it. My dad said his new shipment of the stuff was 28.99 a pound. He's still charging 52.99 for CCI primers and claiming "I can always get them, people sell them for a little less, but they don't have them on the shelf."

He's a gouger for sure. WWB 45acp ball is 52.99 for 50 rounds at his place.

Shit if I didn't start reloading I couldn't afford to shoot no way right now even 9mm cheap ammo around heres is close to 20 bucks even reloading is getting expensive!!!