• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

will anyone put a mil-dot reticle in a spotter?

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
I have a leupy spotting scope. Will Leupold or any other company put a mil- dot reticle in my spotting scope so I can use it to mill a target? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: will anyone put a mil-dot reticle in a spotter?

There are spotters out there that have ranging reticles in them. What price range and scope configuration are you looking at?

ILya

There are not a lot of choices IF you are wanting a Spotter scope , with a reticle in it as well .

I would like to see Zeiss offer a version of the Finn Army Spotter reticle eye piece or better , I would also like to see them offer a better reticle in the Spotter 60 as well .

Maybe IF we wait 10 yrs we may see some ?

Later Chris

I have a leupy with a mil reticle,I believe it has the tmr and have found it handy for ranging in the right conditions, It is the mark 4 12-40x60. The price is around 1500

I already have a leupy spotting scope. I was wondering if leupold would, and what would they charge, if they do, put me a mil reticle in my current spotter.

Which model do you have? If it is the 12-40x60 ffp then you can send it to Leupold. The price will be quite reasonable as Leupold usually is, and the turnaround will be fast.

USO will put whatever reticle you want in there spotter. Now realize its designed to be a Field Scope. If you want a Bench type spotter to look at holes in paper at 300-400 yards ... look at something else. If you want a field spotter to call corrections with ... USO works great.

There is only one way to find out for sure:

1-800-LEUPOLD (538-7653)

The worst they will say is no.

I wish someone would make a retrofit lens w/reticle for Kowa spotters, they would make a ton of money (NightForce, USO, anyone?).

The Spotter 60 has a "L" shaped mil dot reticle in it.

Is it still possible to buy the Zeiss eyepiece with reticle?

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jinta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it still possible to buy the Zeiss eyepiece with reticle?

Thank you. </div></div>

Not with the reticle that is in the Spotter 60, now i dont know about the Diascope line as we dont deal with those. But in the Spotter 60, you cannot get that reticle in an eyepiece

I am after a Mil reticle spotter , and would BUY a Zeiss , IF they offered the Finn Army eyepiece or an up dated reticle for the Spotter 60 , I like the reticle in the Finn Army much better than the Spotter 60 ( the 60 really needs to have hashmarks in the 1/2mil or smaller range ).
I cannot work out why Zeiss did not come straight ouut with a better reticle than whats in the Spotter 60 , as they had a far better one already in the Finn Army eye piece , seems very stupid , maybe in 10 yrs they will catch on , then there will be still 10 yrs behind every one else .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which model do you have? If it is the 12-40x60 ffp then you can send it to Leupold. The price will be quite reasonable as Leupold usually is, and the turnaround will be fast. </div></div>

A buddy told me he checked into a retro fitted TMR reticle in his Leupold spotter and the cost was a bit outrageous (in his opinion). I believe he said it was in excess of $400 for the reticle installation.

As the poster above stated, the facts are a phone call away.

How about this:

IMG_1025.jpg

It is a Horus H25 reticle in a Leopold 15-60x. It is the best reticle I have found for ranging and corrections. Graduated in 0.2 mil increments. Some guys find it a bit too busy, but they will also put a TNR reticle in it. I find when using this, that I put the target in the upper half, so I can watch the trace in the clear, but tweak the scope to mil any offsets needed. The above pic was taken while we were playing with an AR50 at 1750 yards after sighting in at 500 yards. Three shots and ringing iron. No way without a good mil scale in the scope.

Mikee...

Is that an older Leupy? I cannot find a 15-60 power in the current lineup. Also, did you have the Horus reticle installed?

Thanks!

My Leupold spotter came with the mildot recticle!

Here is my Leupold MK4 spotter with the P4 reticle.
Camo'd the RayVin tripod with Krylon, still have to dull the matte clear coat a bit.

spt1.jpg

spt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.J. McQuade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue Tactical sells a whole spotter kit that is superb and you can get mil dots or a horus reticle. the horus us a few hundred dollars more, but worth every penny. </div></div>

Could you show me a link? I went on the Larue Website and couldn't find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my Leupold MK4 spotter with the P4 reticle.
spt.jpg
</div></div>

That's a very slick set-up. Me likey. Hummm..... I have a standard 48" RayVin stand that I may cut down.