• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will Bergara B14R Trigger Mod Work for BMR?

sparkyv

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2022
Deepinnaheartta, Texas
This was posted elsewhere, but I didn't want to hijack that thread, so here we go: Like the title says, will this Bergara B14R trigger mod work for the BMR?

There's a very easy to do mod for the stock trigger, it's almost as if Bergara intended this... https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219859 If this doesn't float your boat, the B14R is compatible with Remington 700 triggers. A lot of people use TriggerTech Diamond triggers, I use a Jewell HVR.

Yes.

12oz trigger on my BMR for less than $10.

A long thread about it here;

Reactions: sparkyv
My trigger adjustment screw fell out yesterday while shooting. Is this something I'm going to have a problem with all the time?

Attachments

• 20220116_112954.jpg
    20220116_112954.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 72
My trigger adjustment screw fell out yesterday while shooting. Is this something I'm going to have a problem with all the time?
leave it out, not needed, unless you want a trigger pull heavier than about 2 1/2 lbs.. Mine was out when I opened the box, screw was freely moving around the box.

Reactions: idahoron
leave it out, not needed, unless you want a trigger pull heavier than about 2 1/2 lbs.. Mine was out when I opened the box, screw was freely moving around the box.

I was worried that there was a spring there that might have fell out. I didn't know that you could leave it out.

I was worried that there was a spring there that might have fell out. I didn't know that you could leave it out.
Nothing else fell out, the internal spring is captured. There is a thread with pics of the trigger with the side plate removed so you can fully understand, just don't remember which one, maybe in the Bergara trigger mod thread. You are good to go.

Reactions: idahoron
The factory spring that is in the front lower corner makes the trigger heavier. It really doesn't matter if it fell out.
The original trigger mod was to tap out the two existing holes for a #4-40 set screw and I thought that was short sighted.
All that does is reduce the sear engagement to the point that they are riding on the radii. See the first image for example.
I thought a much better way to lighten the trigger was to use a long nose spring plunger. It is basically a set screw with a
nose that extends about .075" of an inch. I did my trigger and it worked great. I had good sear engagement and a trigger
weight of 11 ounces. It worked exactly as I thought it should. The #6-32 was fine even though it had about .003" of an inch
interference with the spring.

I wanted to do more so I installed a #8-32 plunger. Images #3 and 4 are the #8-32. The threads broke out into the spring
pocket hole and the threads had to be removed from the plunger as shown.

AZ DAN, above had done his trigger and was having problems. I went over everything i could imagine that he could have
done wrong. I really thought he did something wrong or he wasn't communicating something clearly. The trigger is
after all a simple teeter-tooter. After some weeks I bought a new B14R unit and dit the mod to it. I was shocked to
see that my second trigger didn't work like my first one.

I have yet to determine the cause of the trigger SNAFFU so I cant recommend any mod be done.

I would NEVER use the #4-40 mod because I feel it is dangerous. As soon as someone can explain to me how reducing the
contact area of the sears reduces the friction thereby lightening the trigger, I'm happy to listen. I will however start by reminding
you that friction is independent of surface area. I think it's Newtons third rule and I have posted it in prior posts.

You could do the #6-32 heavy plunger but it may not work like my first one did. My Jewell HVR is nice but I'm going to get a B&A.

Attachments

• ROUNDED SEARS AND #4-40 SET SCREW WILL REDUCE TRIGGER WEIGHT BUT IS UNSAFE.jpg
    ROUNDED SEARS AND #4-40 SET SCREW WILL REDUCE TRIGGER WEIGHT BUT IS UNSAFE.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 6-32 SPRING PLUNGER.jpg
    6-32 SPRING PLUNGER.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 87
  • #8-32 PLUNGER DOG BONED FOR SAFETY SPRING CLEARANCE  #6 PLUNGER NEEDS .005 INCH OR LESS OFF OF...jpg
    #8-32 PLUNGER DOG BONED FOR SAFETY SPRING CLEARANCE #6 PLUNGER NEEDS .005 INCH OR LESS OFF OF...jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 122
  • #8-32 THREAD BREAKOUT IN SAFETY SPRING POCKET.jpg
    #8-32 THREAD BREAKOUT IN SAFETY SPRING POCKET.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 105
  • SAFETY BACK.jpg
    SAFETY BACK.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 144
I haven't had any issues with my trigger mod...it's be flawless for over 2k rounds. I used a 4-40 tap & screw with zero issues.