• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will brake muzzle brake change accuracy?

ultrarunner7

Quiet Professional
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2012
JAX
Ive a GAP-10 with a Titan brake. I changed to a Surefire brake for my "can" and everything opened up. I gave it a couple of range sessions. I then went and changed it back, and things tightened back up.

I had issues with a shueler brake once. If I used my badger mini fte it would shoot 1/2" or better but if I put the shueler on that was supposedly fitted for it the poi shifted several inches and the groups opened up to a 1" minimum. I think the brake was just fitted bad. Not really sure what the issue was.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

If the bore of the brake is not concentric with the rifle bore then you may have uneven gas pressure on the base of the bullet as it exits the brake. Not good for accuracy. The more common affliction is barrel harmonics. Adding any weight to the end of the barrel will almost always change barrel harmonics. This can be beneficial or detrimental to accuracy. If your accuracy is worse then try varying the powder charge thus changing the velocity and harmonics.