• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will eberlestock gunrunners, x1a3, or x1e's fit scoped ar10/15 with mag in?

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Considering buying one of the three. If none will fit I think I will go with the x3. I like the gunrunner because it's the smallest one, and I like the x1e because it has that hydration pouch. The x1a3 looks like it'll fit a tripod well in between the tubular pockets. The x3 is just a safe choice because it's from their tactical line. Thanks for any answers.

Last edited:
Considering buying one of the three. If none will fit I think I will go with the x3. I like the gunrunner because it's the smallest one, and I like the x1e because it has that hydration pouch. The x1a3 looks like it'll fit a tripod well in between the tubular pockets. The x3 is just a safe choice because it's from their tactical line. Thanks for any answers.

The X1A3 and X3 will hold a scoped AR with mag. I do not think you will be able to successfully fit a scoped ar with mag into the Gunrunner, the scabbard is just too small.

If you are not crazy about the idea of a scabbard, I just purchased the Highspeed 2 and put my rifle through the two exterior compression straps and tighten them down. The rifle does no budge when hiking.

I copied the the below information from their website:

gunrunner - 34"L x 7"W x 3"D
x1a3 - Centerline rifle scabbard. Improved, wide tapered profile scabbard holds all types of long guns, from Shotguns to ARs.
x3 - 34"L x 10"W x 3"D. AR-10 with magazine Leupold Mk-4 scope is being carried in the pack in this photo

I was thinking about using this ruck to carry shit like demolition and law's too so I'm pretty set on the scabbard. I studied the site pretty throughly but some of the numbers conflict with things in finding on Google. Their site says the x1e is .5" in depth but the rest of the Internet says 3 inches. Shame about the gunrunner, that one was my favorite.

My gunslinger will fit a AR15 with scope and 20rd mag, or McCree with 34mm scope and 10rd AICS mag.

My Gunslinger is getting pretty snug with a regular bolt action rifle, 5rnd AI mag, and a scope with tall turrets. Not impossible, but not easy to put back in the case. I would suggest defaulting to a pack with the tactical size scabbard if an AR is the plan. For hunting, the Gunslinger is absolutely awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: