• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will Frank do a review of the Savage MSR 10 6.5 Creedmoor Long range

I'm pretty sure he knows it isn't worth his time. There's so many QC issues surrounding savage these days that it's unreal. There's much better rifles for the same money.

I got mine for $1660. Excellent rifle for the money. Excellent rifle for any money. You can pay more, but I don't know that you'll get more. The problem is Savage is known for producing cheaper, affordable rifles. When they take the time to put out something great, people balk and say "its just a Savage". There is a snob stigma that if you don't pay top dollar for something that its no good and never will be. Bushnell, vortex vs leupold comes to mind. There are a few of us that have these and love them. If I wanted the elite names I would get them, this rifle gave me the design features that I wanted for a lot less. Pat Kelly helped design this and imho did a great job. I worked up dope a few weeks ago and was hitting center plate out to 1060. Only upgrades I've made are pistol grip and 45degree safety. Nothing else needed. I like it so much I am planning on getting their 224 Valkyrie competition rifle. I've looked at everything else and I still prefer savage. My .02 cents

The issue with the Savage is that it's the same people assembling them as all their other stuff. When they can't even seem to tighten barrel nuts properly... Yeah, hard pass for me. If it was $1K I could see taking the chance but being right under what you can get premium rifles like the Seekins for and more than you can build a solid rifle for I just don't see it being worth it.

No,

When Savage paired with APO we were put in contact with reps at Savage, they blew me off, I tried twice after that I am done.

Odds are unless people contact these companies and say, "when will we see this on SH" they probably won't reach out on their own. Some companies do, but a lot of the bigger companies will not. They use marketing companies and those marketing companies have lists and usually stick to their list. If you are not on their particular list, they never reach out.

Fair enough, I just like the design features. I'd be willing to take it to a gunsmith and trick it out if need be. I am a sucker for side chargers and I really like the no barrel nut contact handguard design.

Go for Tikka over the Savage, just as many if not more choices for aftermarket stuff, and close to the same prices.

You can get a cheap Tikka and drop it in a chassis or stock to upgrade the plastic one, or get the Tac A1

I picked one up for $1100 and it is a shooter. It loves the 120 Hornady Eld match. It doesn’t particularly like anything heavier. The grip does suck. I only have 200 rounds through it. The trigger is pretty good for factory but I may change that too down the road. For an entry level, long range,gas gun I am very happy with it.