• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will it look funny...

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    ...if the scope is bigger than the rifle?

Actually I know it will but I may do it anyway.

I'm torn, I've got 2 scopes in the safe, one of them needs to go on my CZ453. One is a 10x SS, which would be OK, the other is the 5-25x56 Falcon Menace that I took off my 308 and replaced with an even bigger NF 36BR.

I'm torn, I'd really like to have the higher mag for shooting paper out to 200 yds with the CZ but great horney toads that thing is huge on the CZ.

I gotta decide when the rings get here next week.

Re: Will it look funny...

If it works who cares. They laugh at my rigs all the time but don't bother me as long as they work.

Pretty don't make it shoot any better. Being different is cool.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Once dialed in we try for standing spent shotgun shells. But those are very difficult and no matter what magnification you run.

</div></div>

Man, My dad used to have me shoot at them with my 22 when I was a kid. Shotgun shells or empty 22 boxes lined up on a log, open sights, off hand at about 25yds or so, I hated those things. I loved it when I hit them, but damn they were hard.

Does this look funny to you?
    DSCN0100.jpg

I like it so much on my trainer now I have to buy another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this look funny to you?
    DSCN0100.jpg

I like it so much on my trainer now I have to buy another one. </div></div>

No....looks rather serious. Probably that stock that makes the difference.

Nice Rig!

Can you tell me where to get a stock pack like yours with pockets for two magazines? I would like to get one for my Savage 17HMR.

I put the Falcon on my 453 today, it looks pretty huge in the OEM stock. For giggles I should put the NF BR36 on there with the 4" sunshade and take a picture. That thing looks huge on my 308.

That stock does look good. I'm going to make my first foray into pillar bedding with a Boyds. I really would like to get a Manners, but this is a trainer .22, that will go from the tuck to the range and back, $92 for a Boyds that I can get shipped this week or $450 for a Manners that will get made when they get enough orders for 50. I really like the idea of the T4. I'm sure the Manners stock is going to be a fantastical piece of kit, but I can't get my head around the price.

I'm going to get a Boyds Tacticool and drill it out and drop in a couple of aluminum pillars and bed it. After that I may do the same for my R700 7mm RM hunting rifle.

I picked the stock pack up at a gunshop I frequent here in Western NC. I think Midway carries something similar for around $15.
    The Boyd's stock has a really good feel to it,almost like a McMillan A-series. I plan to paint this one but have a few more patterns to try out with my airbrush before I paint the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked the stock pack up at a gunshop I frequent here in Western NC. I think Midway carries something similar for around $15.
    The Boyd's stock has a really good feel to it,almost like a McMillan A-series. I plan to paint this one but have a few more patterns to try out with my airbrush before I paint the stock. </div></div>

Armorpl8, what action/barrel is that on your rig? A CZ? Is that a stock bolt knob? Just curious.

That is indeed a CZ452V.
    Rifle Basix trigger
    Boyd's Tacticool
    MK4 16x with MK4 medium rings
    Murphy Precision SS rail 25MOA
    off brand stock pack
    The bolt handle is normal, I may upgrade the handle later but the next step is stock paint.

XTR I did not intend to highjack your thread, so I appologize. I did not intend to put this scope on this rifle. I simply mounted it for sh!ts and giggles, more joke than anything. Now the joke is on me cause I don't want to remove the scope! I am now a firm believer in the same glass on your trainer as on your full size rig. I don't know how I will afford it yet but luckily my credit is still good
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will look rad.
    10-22.jpg

</div></div>

I wish I could afford another NF right now, maybe at some point.

What stock is that? It looks like a McM, I like it.

how about this one then
    smile.gif

it started life as a sako P94S with a nightforce benchrest 12-42X56

sakoP95S2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grevo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about this one then
    smile.gif

it started life as a sako P94S with a nightforce benchrest 12-42X56

sakoP95S2.jpg
    </div></div>

That's kinda what mine would look like if I put my NF BR36 on it. (I'd love to have that scope on my F/TR rifle)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bell & Carlson Anshutsz stock....

Notice the backend pistolgrip....not compatible for southpaws! </div></div>

Wrong. It's a McMillan Sportsman Team Challenge anschutz stock. B&C makes a very very similar stock. I've never held the B&C, but I bet it's purely construction method that is the difference between the 2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bell & Carlson Anshutsz stock....

Notice the backend pistolgrip....not compatible for southpaws! </div></div>

Wrong. It's a McMillan Sportsman Team Challenge anschutz stock. B&C makes a very very similar stock. I've never held the B&C, but I bet it's purely construction method that is the difference between the 2. </div></div>

I thought that looked like McM molded in color. I've got a tiger striped B&C on a hunting rifle and it doesn't look like that

I started with a cheap 6-24x44 scope on my sig 522. Looked funny and I got alot of grief, but it preformed great. I wouldn't worry about how it looks