• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will seating depth tweaking, change dope card?

gunman_7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2006
I've got to figure out my dope for this rifle, I have a load worked up for it, but I also want to still tweak the seating depth and maybe try a different primer. Will I see so much of a change in velocity that I should recheck the dope again after these changes?

I know I'm doing it half ass backwards but I don't have time to play around with the load right now before a trip, and I need to figure out the dope for this rifle ASAP. If it matters it's a 30-06.

thanks

Chris

Re: Will seating depth tweaking, change dope card?

It can/will change a little, but not a lot. The effect on your zero will probably be more pronounced than the effect on the trajectory.

As long as you re-zero, I'd be confident out to 750 yards (on typical steel plate targets) with the dope you've got now, if you only tweak the seating depth a little and/or swap primers.

That's what I figured but just wanted someone else to say it...

Any change what so ever will change the end result.
Try using a couple different brand case's and see what happen's.

Yes seating depth variation will change you pressures, velocity and DOPE. The biggest change will come between jumped vs jammd lengths.