• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WIll Super Colibri work out of a bolt action rifle

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
I'm looking to get a .22 to shoot for fun, have my gf shoot and also a trainer for in the house (my hallway is about 10 yards, which is where I'm planning on doing it) and the only way to shoot in the house is with one of those super quiet/slow moving ammo.

I was reccomended the super colibri, but I've heard sometimes they get stuck in the barrel because they don't have the power/pressure to go through all the way.

I also just read a thread on my search that someone was having problems cycling the bullet because it's so short.

I wanted to ask how this round will work in a Savage MK II or a CZ452... will it go through a 21" barrel? will I be able to cycle them through the magazine?

thanks!

Re: WIll Super Colibri work out of a bolt action rifle

Check out rimfirecentral.com for info on the super colibri. From what I have read they will work fine if shot out of barrels less than 20". But you would have to try it out to be sure.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399328

Also, there are reports of people taking small game with these rounds (i.e. squirrels, rabbits, and even raccoons). So even though the super colibri is slow it is still deadly and they should be treated with the same respect as any other caliber.

I just purchased some super colibri to try out in my 16" barreled rifles. If I can get out shooting this week, I'll let you know how it goes.

I've shot them out of my 21" Marlin bolt gun. Works just fine. They aren't stabilized very well though and aren't very accurate...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've shot them out of my 21" Marlin bolt gun. Works just fine. They aren't stabilized very well though and aren't very accurate... </div></div>

^ this

They are super quiet and fun to play with but i would never call them accurate in any of my rifles.

I have put 2 bricks through a henry youth rifle. I believe the barrel is 18 or 20 inches. It’s our family’s dedicated squirrel and chipmunk rifle for bird feeder protection and it’s accurate enough for 100% head hits at 6-7 yards.

The only issue we have had is every 50-100 rounds you have to get the lead build up out of the chamber or it becomes difficult to re-chamber or extract unfired ammo. The Henry is a single shot so I can’t say how it would feed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Anyone who says they've killed a racoon with these is full of shit...either that, or it was a pet racoon sitting in their lap. </div></div>

1+ The larger fox squirrels have to be hit in the chest cavity or they will live another day for distances beyond 7 yards and even then you will not have a pass through. This stuff aint going to do squat to a raccoon, just last week I shot one in the chest with a 223 and put a baseball size hole in him... still lived long enough to run 25+ yards to the tree line.

My T/C Super 14 is the perfect match for this cartridge, be aware too that directions on ammunition box state not for use in rifle for a very good reason.

I have shot bunches of these through my Savage MKII FV and a Winchester 9422 lever action. The MKII has a 21" barrel and I've only had 1 round get stuck. The rest have been just fine.

They definitely are not very accurate out past about 15 feet or so but are devastating on rats. Helped my neighbor clear a bunch out of her chicken coop recently and they were dead right there.

Charlie

I shoot a lot of CCI CB longs and they are great. The sound of them hitting steel after hearing the hammer strike is fun. They seem pretty accurate though I am using it in a worn out partridge sited Springfield Meteor.