• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Williams Bottom Metal Question

WDN-K-9

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2008
    Mt Pleasant, SC
    Tried looking in the search engine but could not get a exact answer.

Do you need to use the ADL box, spring and follower or the BDL box, spring and follower for the newer one piece Williams Bottom Metal?

I have heard both answers and need clarification.

Thanks

Re: Williams Bottom Metal Question

BDL box the ADL boxes are longer. The springs and followers are the same for both. The Williams unit is a nice piece you will not be disappointed for the money.

i have the <span style="font-weight: bold">old style</span> williams, and it needed the ADL with a screw or else the BDL box would just rattle around loose.

cant speak for the new ones.

dont mean to be redundant with that since you specified you were talking about the newer ones, but if it is a 'one or the other' issue then the old style is the one that needs the ADL.

All of our Remington bottom metal that has the inside-the-bow release system uses BDL magazine boxes.
    Our older models that had a push-button style release(ala winchester)had to be used in conjunction with an ADL magazine box. Those models have all been discontinued now for nearly three years.

You can use your factory follower and magazine spring, as well as any aftermarket trigger originally designed for the model 700, including Jewell on our new models.

TRIGGERGUARD1,

Any idea when your Win 70 in the white two piece bottom metal will ship?

We're currently shipping Winchester Long and short-actions right now, with pre-64's right behind those. After that we have Winchester floorplate and hinges, as well as the old-style trigger guards that utilize the 3 guard screws. Those probably won't be moving out the door for another 4 weeks.
    Then it's back to Remington short and long-actions.

Sorry for the delays guys, but I've been buried and I'm the only Mohican.