• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Williams ST (short tactical) bottom metal?

chucknelson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Alberta
Guys,

I've found a guy with one of these for sale. He say's it was originally produced for McMillan to replace the Model 70 stuff on the M40A1. My question is, is this bottom metal just the pre Oberndorf design or is it physically unique?

This is what he has said about it. "I have a Williams bottom metal for sale.It is called a Model 700 ST(Short Tactical). It was designed specifically for McMillan about 10years ago to fill a void in the M40-A1bottom metal and turn that unit into a One-Piece Style."

Thanks.

Re: Williams ST (short tactical) bottom metal?

Chucknelson, the information that you're quoting comes directly from Matt (of Williams Firearms). It was actually mentioned in a thread on here where he shed some light on the Short Tactical bottom metal - also known as the "Old Style" Williams bottom metal...

Re: Williams ST (short tactical) bottom metal?

Guys
I have a few of the standard ST Oldstyle as well as a few with the Combat Release mechanism still in the factory seal as well.

Good metal

John