• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson Combat or Seekins??

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Looking at 2 AR-10s in 308. The SP10 and the Wilson Combat Super Sniper. I get LE discount so price is the sameish. GAP and the SP10M are out of my price range for this set up. Wont be a high volume gun. Familiar with both products in AR15. The 1/10 twist in the Wilson is attractive and I own a Wilson Combat Franken build. This will be a buy once cry once. Only going to be used for 600 yard steel and maybe a club comp.

IMHO, both are fine Large Frame AR's. I would have a tough time deciding.

I would prefer the 1n10 twist barrel.
I would prefer a 20" barrel over an 18" for the added velocity.
I do like the ambi controls
I like the Seekins stock over the Super Stock.
The flat bottom on the Seekins handguard is a bonus to me.

I had an order in with Wilson at the time of the Sandy Hook situation developed. Part of the order was for some of their magazines. Seems they could never fill my magazine order but 100's of those same magazines showed up on GunBroker and sold for three times what I was going to pay for them. The GunBroker seller was located in Berryville, AR......... I'm sure it was just a coincident.

EDIT:
Went back and found email correspondence with Jay Smith, mid December 2012. Sandy Hook was his excuse for not filling my order.

Last edited:
So Wilson Combat is responsible for some reseller, who probably had the magazines before the Sandy Hook incident?

Or, are you saying WC was selling them on Gunbroker?

WC selling them on Gunbroker seems out of character for Bill.

So Wilson Combat is responsible for some reseller, who probably had the magazines before the Sandy Hook incident?

Or, are you saying WC was selling them on Gunbroker?

WC selling them on Gunbroker seems out of character for Bill.
Mags were in stock when I ordered....What I am saying is "it could have been a coincident"......... Berryville, AR, population 5,000
Left a bad taste in my mouth

I've had seekins 223, 308 build kit, and a factory 308. They've always worked great for me. I like the adjustable gas block on them, the flat hand guard, and the proprietary lockup between the hand guard and the upper reciever. I shoot my ars at pigs and preditors via tripod and I like knowing that I can load my tripod mount and not worry about flex. That said I've never had a Wilson so I have no comparison.

In terms of build quality & value, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I'd pick the option with the features you like best (barrel contour/twist, handguard, trigger, weight, etc) and feel confident that either one will be an accurate & reliable rifle.

The Seekins SP10 receiver set and handguard combo is far superior to the Wilson combat..

The Wilson combat has a shorter handguard and utilizes the conventional barrel nut to hand guard fit which puts the pressure directly to the barrel nut. These are the things that I look at because down the road I know I'm going to be putting a custom Barrel in most rifles.

As stated above by others, I would rather have the Wilson 20" barrel as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harman117
No experience with the Wilson, but my 6.5 SP10 is an excellent rifle, I can’t imagine that their .308 would be any different.

Seekins SP10 wins for me. Their rifles just seem to always hammer and they have always stood behind their product 1000%.

Reactions: Jigstick
I've had a WC recon Tactical in 6.5cm, very accurate but didn't keep it long.

I'd go with the seekins now as I believe it would be a overall better rifle.

Reactions: Jigstick
The Seekins SP10 receiver set and handguard combo is far superior to the Wilson combat..

The Wilson combat has a shorter handguard and utilizes the conventional barrel nut to hand guard fit which puts the pressure directly to the barrel nut. These are the things that I look at because down the road I know I'm going to be putting a custom Barrel in most rifles.

As stated above by others, I would rather have the Wilson 20" barrel as well.
^^^
This
The reason I utilize their IRMR in my .223. Like the IRMR, The SP10 upper receiver is a one piece milled unit the hand guard attaches directly too giving it as “monolithic” as you can get with the hand guard being milled with the receiver. The SP10 is actually more like the IRMT as it has a flat bottom hand guard. Nice on a large frame. Mine is about 15# with Accutac bipod, ZCO 527 and XRay stock fyi. I do have a Proof 18” barrel so that may save a little.

I had an order in with Wilson at the time of the Sandy Hook situation developed. Part of the order was for some of their magazines. Seems they could never fill my magazine order but 100's of those same magazines showed up on GunBroker and sold for three times what I was going to pay for them. The GunBroker seller was located in Berryville, AR......... I'm sure it was just a coincident.

EDIT:
Went back and found email correspondence with Jay Smith, mid December 2012. Sandy Hook was his excuse for not filling my order.

And when prices shot when Obama was elected Glen didn't raise prices at Seekins like everyone else. I'd choose Seekins again.