• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson Combat Super Sniper Upper (Newbie Question)

WillSmiff

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2021
Phoenix
Hi everyone, new to long(er) range rifles and have been wanting to get something mid-upper tier in .308, came across this Wilson Combat Super Sniper upper receiver group for $750 and decided to buy it. Don't know much about their rifles, to be honest I didn't know they made them, but i'm a big 1911 guy so I figured their rifles can't be all that bad? Anyway, wanted to get your guys thoughts on whether or not this would be a good upper for a .308 to shoot out to 500, 750, maybe 1000 yards since you're the experts. Was this a good deal? Should I chuck it and get something else? Probably should have looked into this prior to buying but you know how it goes when something pretty looking ends up in front of you.. Definitely not meant to sound predatory but hey, you be the judge. Below are some pics, there's a few knicks on it but it didn't bother me too much. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Eli17L
That's a pretty good deal if it shoots, won't know until then.

I had one of their recon's in 6.5cm that was a friggin laser with factory 140gr ELD.

Do you have a Wilson lower? I believe their large frame uppers are proprietary