• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson Seating Die Problem/Question?

Leaddog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2009
Delaware
I plan to do a load development work up on a new rifle build and have ordered the Wilson Seating Die so that I can make seating adjustments at the range.

Some folks have stated that they have had trouble seating Berger VLD bullets deep enough with this seater. I know that Wilson has made a VLD drift to accommodate this problem, but have folks seen this problem with any other bullets? I shoot the Berger 175 and 185 LRBT's.

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: Wilson Seating Die Problem/Question?

That doesn't make much sense to me? If anything, I could see where very long bullets might be seated too deeply. Or run out of thread. I have no basis for saying that? Just speculating.

I would get the die and use it and don't worry, I have never seen a situation as you described, and I own 8 Wilson seaters. BB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That doesn't make much sense to me? If anything, I could see where very long bullets might be seated too deeply. Or run out of thread. I have no basis for saying that? Just speculating.

I would get the die and use it and don't worry, I have never seen a situation as you described, and I own 8 Wilson seaters. BB </div></div>

Call Wilson on the phone. They will explain to you why they developed a VLD Seater Stem.

Yeah, I'll get right on it. BB

I had no idea, the only Berger VLD bullets I use are .224"