• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Win. 70 LA Bottom Metal

svt_tactical

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2010
North Carolina
Do anyone of you know of a company that makes bottom metal that would accept a mag for a winchester LA, specifically in 300 win mag.

Re: Win. 70 LA Bottom Metal

CDI Precision

www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com

flyer-back.jpg

here's the weapon jeff and i worked on when he prototyped it. 7mag using 300WM AI stuff. nearly two years later and a barrel change and it is still working very well. no problems.

img_0119.jpg

img_0120.jpg

i'm not aware of others making this for 70LA, but admittedly i probably wouldn't look too far. jeff at CDI has been awfully good to work with so i like buying his stuff every chance i get. let us know how yours works.

-michael

Hello all, newbie here....
I am looking for a competent smith that can turn and thread a heavy barrel for a brake / silencer. Also looking to have a Badger M5 inletted into a HS Precision. Any suggestions in or around Texas?

Tomball? I completed a Hampton Inn and Suites there this spring. I am in the Woodlands.

Now that I see you are only few miles (just 1.5 miles up Kuykendahl) away, I do know a local gunsmith that can thread your barrel for a suppressor that is in Magnolia. He has done a bit of barrel work for me already and is very reasonably priced. I don't konw anyone local that does inletting though.

I would appreciate any info. Have gotten alot of referals, and every one I have checked out I have heard horror stories about. Have heard of a good referal in Waller.
Send me an PM if we are not supposed to list names here.
Thank you!

Does the CDI metal for the model 70 have parallel sides??? as in is it as simple as milling a rectangle in the stock for inletting???

no, there is some contour to it as it is a one piece magwell tappering to the triger guard.

I will be sending my stock down to CDI when it arrives to be fitted for his bottom metal. I appreciate yall getting me in touch with them. Had a nice conversation with them and got the process started.